Fat ands skinny at the same time

Options
Is it just me or does anyone feel this too. When cutting up I start to lose my size and feel skinny and small but I also feel fat because I struggle to lose the body fat around my lower abs. Its an annoying feeling to have but just wondered if anyone feels this too.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Is it about body balance? Are you happy with your musculature?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes! My arms and legs look awesome. Pretty well defined, you can see all the veins in my forearms even, and I don't think there's much fat left on my legs at all...

Then there is my midsection. Sigh. Damn genetics.
  • carlknight1983
    carlknight1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To be honest I feel I've lost to much muscle. I've gone from a bulky 14.5 stone to a solid 12.8. I've still a few pounds to lose for my abs to show properly. Just wish I hadn't lost so much size
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too, probably because I'm a runner so I do a lot of cardio. I have started to really focus on weight lifting. I think I've lost muscle too. Maybe if you hit the weights hard, you'll build your muscles back up and help with the fat loss. I'm still new and learning, too.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    If you try to loose fat/weight etc to quickly you can also loose hard earned muscle too (resulting in skinny fat). The trick is to try and maintain as much muscle (Keep protein high, lift heavy) whilst being in an overall calorie deficit aiming to loose maybe 1lbs per week. This will obviously result in a slower weight loss than just doing loads of cardio and dramatically cutting calories, but will preserve muscle as the fat gradually comes off giving a more lean/ripped look.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    lack of glycogen often makes you look flat and soft, do a carb refeed and you look juicy as *kitten* the next day feelsgoodman.jpg
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose muscle while losing weight. Actually, it is impossible not to lose some, but some of the bulk that fat people see in their arms and legs before losing weight is from fat. Muscle has fat that is mixed through it. (Think about how much fat you see marbling the choice cuts of beef.) We don't think about that fat so much because it isn't next to the skin and it doesn't look so bad. As we lose weight, the fat mixed with the muscle decreases along with the rest of the fat.
  • carlknight1983
    carlknight1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cheers Will try the glycogen refeed. I did lose a bit of size due to sickness and on my diet I am to lose 1 pound a week which I have spot on every week. I think it's just the feeling of being stuck between phases, I'm no longer huge and bulky I'm a lot leaner but not ripped yet.