Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Paleo Weightloss Help

cmaurno2015
cmaurno2015 Posts: 14 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello! It has been 6 days of complete Paleo. Sometimes I find myself eating too many nuts or high caloric foods so the weight loss has only been around 2-3 pounds of water weight.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited May 2015
    You can eat Paleo all you like, but if you're eating too much you're not going to lose weight.

Are you eating in a deficit? Logging all your food accurately? Use a scale and weigh - "half an avocado"/" medium sweet potato" etc is meaningless unless you know the weight

Extra bites can add up to hundreds of calories depending on what they're made up of.... I'd limit those if I was wanting to achieve a weightloss goal.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Sorry, what exactly are you asking? Why you haven't lost more than 2-3 lbs in a week?
    Because weight loss takes time.
    When you cut carbs (which you are going paleo) you will lose water weight to start. But you have to be in caloric deficit to lose fat. It doesn't matter what food groups you eat, if you eat more than you burn, you will not lose weight. Log your food, set up a realistic goal (0.5 lbs/week since you have 10 lbs to lose), and give it a couple months.