Best Diet Food Ever

You could spend a fortune on diet aids that make you feel fuller for longer or you could discover sugar free jelly. At about .75p for two sachets that make up to two pints and only 9 calories per quarter pint helping, you'll find it a real fridge friend. It's great after a meal as a quick desert but even better when you have sweet cravings and go on the hunt for that 'something' to hit the spot. Popular brands come in several flavours so there is good variety. Try it, you won't regret it.

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    I love jelly! Thanks for the tip :smiley:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    But jelly with sugar in it is so delicious.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    I keep sugar free jelly in the fridge and put a spoonful in my oatmeal as flavoring sometimes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I used to eat sugar free everything all the time because it was all less calories, then I figured out some of it is not sugar free after all because it's sweetened with fruit sugar. Now. I only buy sugar free anything if I find it tasty. I'm glad you found something you like, which is what helps us stick to a calorie deficit. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I haven't eaten jelly in forever but I remember for a change I used to make it with a tiny little bit of boiling water, enough to make sure it dissolves properly then quark cheese ...makes a delicious low cal blancmange which has a slightly more satisfying feel to it
  • Sued0nim
    At the moment my go tos are.
    Fab ice lollies 90 cals
    Mars icecream bars for. 140
  • SLLRunner
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I haven't eaten jelly in forever but I remember for a change I used to make it with a tiny little bit of boiling water, enough to make sure it dissolves properly then quark cheese ...makes a delicious low cal blancmange which has a slightly more satisfying feel to it

I'm sensing that Jelly in the UK is different than the US. Here we put it on toast, muffins, pancakes, etc. In the UK it is a desert?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    I keep a bottle of Smuckers Boysenberry sugar free in the fridge. I don't eat a lot of bread, but when I feel like it, I like this jelly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    I think UK jelly is US jello. US jelly might be UK jam.
  • Sued0nim
    Jelly is US jello ;)
  • SLLRunner
    Oh, I LOVE So Delicious Coconut Milk vanilla ice cream bars-150 calories for one. I also like most kinds of ice cream/frozen deserts that are lactose free (since I can't do lactose), except for Artic Ice. I hate that stuff.
  • SLLRunner
    Jelly is US jello ;)

Ohhhhh! Got it!
  • Sued0nim
    Your jelly is our jam

You wouldn't make jam up to a pint so I figure OP is a Brit :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    3841maggie wrote: »
    You could spend a fortune on diet aids that make you feel fuller for longer or you could discover sugar free jelly. At about .75p for two sachets that make up to two pints and only 9 calories per quarter pint helping, you'll find it a real fridge friend. It's great after a meal as a quick desert but even better when you have sweet cravings and go on the hunt for that 'something' to hit the spot. Popular brands come in several flavours so there is good variety. Try it, you won't regret it.

I don't like jelly.... I would regret it...
  • PeachyCarol
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I think UK jelly is US jello. US jelly might be UK jam.

I read the OP and thought she was talking about Jell-O which I love then it said jelly which I don't like. But it's really Jell-O? I'm confused.

Yeah, it's Jell-O.

• SLLRunner
    Now I've got this craving for jello--the kind mom used to make when I was a kid.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    At the moment my go tos are.
    Fab ice lollies 90 cals
    Mars icecream bars for. 140

Mini milk lollies are tasty, 34 cals each.
  • PeachyCarol
    My mother used to pour milk over top of black cherry jello-o. I... never understood that.
  • missiontofitness
    British terminology is very cute.
  • missiontofitness
    My mother used to pour milk over top of black cherry jello-o. I... never understood that.

The thought of that puts a knot in my stomach!