Protein Powders & Pre Workouts

Options
Hey everyone! Just had a quick question about what kinda of protein powders you have tried. What seemed in your opinion to work best for you. The kind I have now is Six Star fit 100% protein isolate.

Also, some people have said pre workout gives them that burst of energy for going to the gym and working out. I am clueless about these, so again if any one has any opinions let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Harlequin1983
    Harlequin1983 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use 6star also!! Its a great protein!! I use a pre workout, but dont use them unless you're going hard! c4, stimul8. I change them up. Also look into getting some BCAA, or an alternate amino acid!! Vitamin shoppe is great for these kinds of things! Anymore questions, please feel free to ask! You can add me also!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I just use whatever protein powder is cheap and reliable. I've always stuck with MyProtein as they list the amino acids that make up theirs and too many of these cheaper ones amino spike their products. To me whey is simply a way to increase my protein intake as I'm currently too poor to afford a lot of meats.

Pre-workouts were great but it got to the point where I couldn't afford to keep buying them but couldn't have a good workout without them. I've completely cut them out, although the buzz they give you is incredible.
  • sampanzee75
    sampanzee75 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the posts everyone!