Need dinner ideas

Options
TylerNorris57
TylerNorris57 Posts: 54 Member
So I need some healthy dinner ideas. Full meal ideas as I am getting sick of rice and pasta as my main carb side dish

Replies

• arian10daddy
    arian10daddy Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for? Weight gain, weight loss or maintenance? How about going through some blogs here on mfp that gives you great dinner ideas under 400 calories...
    Pasta for carbs? Bad idea if you ask me. Processed floor should be avoided as much as it can be. Why not incorporate wheat instead of processed floor. Just my 2 cents.
  • TylerNorris57
    TylerNorris57 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose weight, but at the same time don't have much time to cook
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    I like to cook in batches on the weekends. My favorites are beef stew, chili, turkey or chicken vegetable soup, spaghetti sauce. Most of these, you can freeze in single servings in freezer safe plastic (Glad) containers or ziplock bags, then micro. Beans and potatoes don't freeze well so I add those later if the dish needs those. Meals become very simple if you can freeze servings from a variety of batches, then thaw and heat them in the micro. You get to control the ingrediants, taste and calories this way. By far preping your own meals is the least expensive and healthiest way to loose weight,

If you spend a few hours on weekends you save loads of time during the week. Make your nutrition, and weight loss a priority and you'll will find the time.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Burgers: chicken/turkey breast/low fat beef/ground chicken on a wholewheat bun with a side of veggies.
    Tandoori chicken with couscous
    Beef noodles
    Noodle soup
    Jacket potato with tuna/lean ground beef/Mexican filling (black beans, corn, tomato salsa)
    Pearl couscous with butternut squash, harissa chicken, spinach, red onion and curry spices
    Falafel with oven baked sweet potato fries and mixed veggies
  • SianOdell
    SianOdell Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I use this a lot from skinny taste as a side instead of rice. It's tasty filling healthy and low calorie. I omit the avocado cos I not a fan so it becomes even lighter in the calorie count too. I also use tinned black eye beans instead of the black beans. I also use canned sweetcorn. Finally zero cooking involved just a little chopping and throw everything in a bowl. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/southwestern-black-bean-salad.html I serve this with spiced prawns/shrimp or bbq or spicy skinless chicken breast or thighs baked in the oven.