Getting started... for what feels like the 100th time...

Options
What's up party people! Name is Adrianne, but feel free to call me Dria. Like most, this is not my first attempt to get my butt in shape (literally). However this time I have a slightly bigger motivation that other times. On June 27, I'll be turning 30 and while I know that major weight loss by that time won't be realistic, I want my thirties to be fabulous! I want them to be some of the best years of my life. Now i know right now I may come off quite confident and possibly slightly annoying, truth is I am one to quickly lose motivation, especially since I'm in school full time and have very little extra time in my schedule. That being said, I'm looking for some motivational buddies, both noobs and veterans. You've all got advice and experiences to share and maybe, one day, I can pass the favor along. :)

Replies

• amandaturner612
    amandaturner612 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Dria! I'm turning 30 on June 12th, and I want my 30s to be fabulous also. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other! I'm a married health and fitness coach and I want to get in the best shape of my life so my coachees know that my products work, lol. I recently went through some health issues that caused some weight gain, but I'm back to health again (yay!), and now I have about 30 pounds that I'd like to lose :)
  • eospassion
    eospassion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm on a similar journey, working full time plus part time school = no time. We can do this. My biggest problem is giving up. I want this time to be different, so I am starting small. Someone else on these boards recommended couch to 5k challenge. I don't know if this is also up your alley?
  • reganjhales
    reganjhales Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ladies! You've got this! Let's go and conquer that goal! Whether it's a nice abs, arms and *kitten*, make it happen! The only person that can hold you back from reaching your goal is you! If motivation is what seems to be the downfall here are a few things I take into consideration:
    1) 3 months from now where will I be within my fitness goal? Will I be proud of myself, would I have worked hard enough? Could I have changed anything?
    2) how do I feel today? Am I able to move? Will 30min hurt me?
    3) what did I eat today? Is it going to help or hurt me?

The questions can go on and on but YOU have control of what 90% of your body looks like and feels like.
    Work at it and be great! Good luck and I want to see you all feeling amazing 3 months from now and so on! Fight for the FIT!