The weight on my driver's license!

Options
Sacha3071
Sacha3071 Posts: 16 Member
edited May 2015 in Success Stories
It's no surprise that most people lie about their weight on their driver's license and I was no exception. It started when I first got a state ID my sophomore year in high school, I wrote 260 lb but, I'm pretty sure I weighed a little more at the time. Every time I've gotten a new license I've just kept that number the same. I always thought it would be quite embarrassing to have them hike the number up. Eventually I ended up weighing 305 lb, that's when I first started this lifestyle change. After about 4.5-5 months I've lost a total of 48 lb and am currently at 257 and falling. It still doesn't seem real that I weight less than I did when I was 15 and that was over 7 years ago! But I've finally passed what my license says and am looking forward to requesting the weight changed and a different picture taken next time I get another one. =D

Replies

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That's great news!
  • Nvr2L82BGr8
    Nvr2L82BGr8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lol, I thought I was the only one! Keep up the excellent work, you provide motivation and inspiration for us newbies who have just started this journey. Thanks for sharing.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, mine said 160 for years. most of them i was 250. i was so proud the day my photo actually matched my weight!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    OMG! I didn't realize I bypassed by ID weight either, until I checked because of this thread. Yay! Go both of us!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My drivers license weight is my next goal weight. It's been a very long time since I've seen that weight. I need to loose about 20 more lbs. to get there.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - good job! Thanks for this post too. As of yesterday, I have lost 30 pounds, so I just checked my license, and it says 220 (liar, liar, pants on fire). :D So, since I now weigh 200 pounds, I am officially 20 pounds lighter than what my license says. YAY!

Strangely, I have not felt like celebrating this milestone as I am one pound away from Onederland and that has become my current goal, but this license thing has cheered me up immensely. Thanks!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lesaw01 wrote: »
    My drivers license weight is my next goal weight.
    Great Idea!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    haha that's an awesome NSV. Good for you!
  • VyseN
    VyseN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Honest question: Why do you need to put your weight on your drivers license? The only information on mine is when I was born, my national identification number, what class of vehicle I'm allowed to drive, and for how long. There's a black and white picture of me for identification, which is almost ten years old.
  • Sacha3071
    Sacha3071 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I live in Missouri, United States and here you have to put weight, height, and eye color on it. You have no choice.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Mines really outdated as well. The picture is from me at my heaviest and the weight is 150 lbs (which was a 110lbs off when I got the picture taken). So the weight was way too light at first and now it's 12lbs too heavy. :drinker:
  • DKLI
    DKLI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We don't have to put our weight on our DLs in NY.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ah that's fantastic! I actually just hit the same milestone yesterday. It's been a lower number since I first got my license and now I can honestly say I match my license weight....hoping not for long though :).
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am so glad UK licenses don't require a record of weight haha Well done on your achievement amazing job :) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!