90 Day Challenge. Start May 26 ends August 26.

Options
Looking for friends to do this. 1200 -1300 calories per day journey with. Eating 3 meals a day. No junk. No snacking between meals. No Fast Food. Exercise! Lots water. Lots of No's, but that will save us! Join me!!!!

Replies

• KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This is wrong. You shouldn't be depriving yourself with that many calories nor food. You need to eat more then 3 times a day to lose weight and it doesn't matter what you eat at all even fast food.. Just gotta look it up before you eat it and go with the calories in your diary! Sorry just my opinion. This is a wrong way to lose weight!
  • sadiqajamilla
    sadiqajamilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1200-1300 calories a day will work for some if that's what is calculated for them. Some people find snacking a trigger so I can't say that it's wrong. All I can say is that it's not for me. Still breastfeeding and over 300. So needless to say my minimum caloric intake is 2100 a day. It's working fine for me. I love the challenge though! Wish I was able to participate :s
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This is wrong. You shouldn't be depriving yourself with that many calories nor food. You need to eat more then 3 times a day to lose weight and it doesn't matter what you eat at all even fast food.. Just gotta look it up before you eat it and go with the calories in your diary! Sorry just my opinion. This is a wrong way to lose weight!

For older, shorter, more sedentary women 1200-1300 may be an acceptable goal for them to aim for. Also meal frequency does not have an impact on weight loss...there are people who lose eating once or twice a day.
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everyone, if you are not comfortable with joining, it's ok. I done this before and it worked for me! Please do not join if it's not for you. I gain easily so I know what's best for me, and it's not bulge. I am here to help and to succeed even if I do this one on my own:) I am not giving in this time!
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Snacking is a trigger, for me.
  • sadiqajamilla
    sadiqajamilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I can't snack at all or I find myself in a full on binge! Knowing what works for you is priceless!
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Said, yes!! I added you as a friend.
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Meant sadi
  • floxy182
    floxy182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im joining eating this amount of calores a day is ok for me. There are lots of foods with low calorie counts. I think a steak is 280cal thats great!
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Floxy.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

Without knowing OP's stats, we can't determine if 1200-1300 calories is too low (although she may want to up that if she's exercising to properly fuel her workouts).

There is no reason why she should eat more than 3 times a day--doing 16:8, I often only eat twice a day. No effect on weight loss.

If OP is snacking too much or ends up over-ordering at the fast food window, then she's better off avoiding those things. I'm sure she knows how to prelog, but when I was eating only 1200 calories, it was hard to fit in junk food.

Good luck, OP. I'm not into your challenge, but if it works for you, go for it. Just keep in mind that you should eat some of your exercise calories back.
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Hey barbeque, thanks. You are right no room for junk. Which. I dont want. I do exercise and eat back burned calories. I used to nibble. Which lead to over eating.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Looking for friends to do this. 1200 -1300 calories per day journey with. Eating 3 meals a day. No junk. No snacking between meals. No Fast Food. Exercise! Lots water. Lots of No's, but that will save us! Join me!!!!

Gah, that sounds awful. Weight loss is about calories, math and eating at a deficit. Simple as that. And no, 'nos' won't save anyone, but it will make this whole thing a lot harder than it needs to be.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Not true-meal timing/frequency is nothing more than a preference thing and has nothing to do with weigh loss. Some people prefer 3 meals, 6 meals or 2 meals a day; some prefer snacks and others don't. No one way is better than the other in terms of weight loss-hitting your calorie goals for that.
  • 2009jewellz
    Options
    Hello. Everyone is different. It works for me and I do not starve.
  • immsw2015
    immsw2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. 1200 is the amount of calories i should have a day (when the app calculated) so this would be great :)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    OP, define "junk".

I consider asparagus junk because it tastes terrible.

Sorry, 1200 calories is too low for me. I eat 1700 on the days I DONT work out, more in the ones I do.
  • ChesKrieg
    ChesKrieg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OP, define "junk".

I consider asparagus junk because it tastes terrible.

Sorry, 1200 calories is too low for me. I eat 1700 on the days I DONT work out, more in the ones I do.

Really? Why do so many people need to be so snarky on these forums? Everyone knows the general idea of what 'junk' is pertains to chips, candy, junk food.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

How about: Stay within calorie goals; well balanced meals and healthy snacks between meals, occasional fast food and junk food allowed as they fit into calorie limits; exercise; lots of water.

There are no No's.