Struggling :(

Options
Hello everyone! I started the 5:2 diet a few months back and I am really struggling! For those of you that dont know what the 5:2 diet is its where you eat 1/4 of your daily allowance for any 2/7 days and eat your daily allowance for the remaining 5/7.

I've managed to complete a few fasts here and there but I can't maintain it! Today I planned to fast... It got to around 20:00hrs and it got way too much for me and I went and bought al sorts of junk food and consumed about 2000calories! I do this often, and I now weight more than I did before I ever started dieting! I then get really low and eat even more..

I really want to lose weight and I am so unhappy with my body! I'm 4ft11 and weigh 10 stone 6 so my BMI is very high and my daily calorie allowance is very little!

Any advice would be much appreciated! Feel free to add me for support!

Replies

• SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm another shorty at five feet tall. That diet sounds tough. I eat my set allowance most days, just a touch under to stay within goal.

One thing that helps me, especially through work, is adding a lot of low calorie stuff. So cut up strawberries and apricots under my cereal. Frozen berries under yogurt. Baby spinach or kale with almonds. I pack so much of the spinach, green beans or cucumber that I can't finish and can snack on it later.

I don't know if any of that will help you and I get my binges, too, but that's how I try to turn those days around. I started my journey around the same weight.
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, sounds like you are doing fab!