Kind of annoyed. Ladies, come in.

Options
Gska17
Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
Nearly to goal and swimming in my 36DD bras (US) I excitedly asked to be measured, anticipating a 34D.

While I am indeed a 32/34 I was told I'm actually a DDD. I feel so bogged down with these things!

I feel like a trussed cow.

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Get measured elsewhere. Not all sales associates know how to measure and not all brands fit the same.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    And now I do as well since 32DDD is my exact bra size. :(
  • Gska17
    Options
    I guess I'm just not used to such a well-fitting bra. They fit really well, it's just a new sensation.
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you have full breasts and a smaller band the cup size is going to remain quite large! I have fairly small breasts (no one would even think they were larger than a B or C cup) and yet when I buy bras, I get a 32E. It's all because the band is smaller, but the fullness is still there. The brand and style also make a difference, so just try a different style! I find the shelf bras are always a size larger than I thought I would need, and the fuller cup styles are more true to size.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Keep talking.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    When you go down a number, the cup size goes up one. So a 36DD is the same cup size as a 34DDD. So you haven't gone up, per se, just haven't gone down as much in the cup as you have in the band.

I've gone from a 18E to a 16F.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to feel bad for you, but can't ;) I'm barely filling out an A cup over here and I'm jelly! My boobs are ruined...
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am a 42G and think that I may need to get measured again because my bras are not fitting in the band anymore. I may be a 40H. :(
  • Gska17
    Options
    Oh wow, I had no idea it worked that way! I'm so glad I posted. Thank you.
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Keep talking.

:D

• Gska17
    Options
    I'm trying to feel bad for you, but can't ;) I'm barely filling out an A cup over here and I'm jelly! My boobs are ruined...

Awww. I did worry this would come off as a "humble brag" (not my intention!) I just genuinely was shocked. PM me your address and I'll send you my collection of cute tops I'll never be able to wear again. ;)
  • 1966spen
    1966spen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm UK size 34GG. Even at my slimmest (28 lbs lighter) I only got down to 30FF. Seems I'm destined to keep them. Just make the most of them. bty I am only 4ft 11
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience when I lost weight. Small band size + bigger cup size = flipping nightmare buying bras, bikinis, or even sometimes tops/dresses which will fit properly :(

I either want mine to shrink a tiny bit, or for shops to start producing more variation in bras. I figured the first might have been easier but it didn't happen.
  • Gska17
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Keep talking.

:D:p
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30/32 DDD and I like it...except it is almost impossible to find bras that fit without special ordering off of figleaves.