Dang! Moving spends a lot of calories

Options
REiiGN15
REiiGN15 Posts: 12 Member
I spent 10 hours moving yesterday with a friend. 3 houses worth and storage place. I put that into the diary and it asks how many minutes...for giggles I put 4 hours. The program inputted that as 3500 calories. Honestly though, it really felt like it. Every place sans the storage was upstairs. Dudes, I was freaking drained and today is no better, I can barely walk my calves are shot. I had to drink so much water. I'm fitnessed out for like a week lol.

Replies

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    A word of warning: MFP overestimates calories burned. And we can't always tell how many calories we burned just by how we feel. That's just my thought.
  • REiiGN15
    Options
    I feel like death, and get PTSD from couches now.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    LOL, I remember when I moved last year, it was the worlds biggest workout. A solid 10 hours of walking, lifting, climbing stairs, rinse and repeat. It took me days to recover.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    whenever I help someone move it is draining but I refill my energy with the beer and pizza consumed during the move.... :D
  • REiiGN15
    Options
    Trust me, I wanted Pizza but I've stopped eating pizza 2 months ago. It's my favorite food but the reason I'm doing all this fitness stuff again. Instead I ate a giant omelette.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Physical labor burns calorie, pretty sure :P.

No way do I give up pizza, beer, ice cream, or PB. Somebody tries to take it from me they get cut...