how to get use to eating veggies

Options
2»

Replies

• goaliesmate
    goaliesmate Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fat does wonders for improving flavour so be generous with butter, dressings and sauces over vegetables. Curried veg are the best. Try cooking mixed [frozen] veg in milk then thickening to make a cheese sauce with added wholegrain mustard. After a while you will be able to enjoy the vegetables without the added fats.
  • mzjoshonda
    mzjoshonda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ty everyone sounds real good will try it
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love sweet peas, corn, and broccoli. I get Steamers because they cook in the micro pretty quick. Broccoli and cheese sauce is my fav, and less than 200 cal a bag, its my entire luch.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Def roast them with olive oil and your favorite spices.
  • tspiler
    tspiler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mzjoshonda wrote: »
    True but it's not many I like no I love cabbage, okra, and broccoli that's it
    It takes approximately 3 to 5 times introducing new foods so based on your three (cabbage, okra and broccoli), introduce one new vegetable and cut up small... if you like garlic and other herbs then most of them will take on that nice flavor. As for other greens... cut them smaller and it is all about the flavouring of foods. My step son did not like vegtables either and loves them now and craves them. Continue to combine the one you like with new veggies in the mix. Hope this helps!
  • tspiler
    tspiler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    Totally agree with others here.

With Brussels Sprouts: cut em' in half, toss them in some olive olive, spice em' up -- and throw them in the oven with some onions and garlic on 350. The loose pieces will get all crispy like chips -- and the second you pull it out of the oven, sprinkle feta cheese over top.

that sounds delicious will give this a try!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i like to boil them and then add a spice mix or salt of my choosing