For the ladies out there...period talk!

2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Mine hunger has been extremely horrible this time. I just want to eat non-stop. And of course my period is late. I just wanna punch people.

Same here, and it started a day late (this afternoon when it should have been yesterday)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Mine hunger has been extremely horrible this time. I just want to eat non-stop. And of course my period is late. I just wanna punch people.

Same here, and it started a day late (this afternoon when it should have been yesterday)

Mine is days and days late. I think I have a little cyst this cycle.

Speaking of which, does anyone know anything about getting cysts after ovulation/before your period?
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    I feel your pain . I actually gained 7lbs literally overnight. In fairness it was a carbs binge followed by getting my period, which for whatever reason (perhaps my age?) has been heavier than usual. I am a daily weigher so am used to the fluctuation but 7lbs was a big one! I'm hoping it will get back to where I was (with only 7.5lbs to target) within the week, but I have a feeling it's not going to go to plan. This is where I have to forget the number on the scale and judge how I'm doing by how my workouts feel and how my clothes fit. I am focussing on just staying within my calorie goals and getting my exercise in. Apart from anything else exercise does help with cramps.
    I'm so glad to hear it's not just me...there's been a few times where I've come close to doubling my calories one day (so embarassing)....and I'm eating healthy food but nothing makes me feel satisfied.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    I just eat more on the extra-hungry weeks. I usually have a less-hungry week that balances it out.
  • Hunkpapa1
    Hunkpapa1 Posts: 4 Member
    I had a fibroid embolization 7 months ago. My interior fibroid shrunk from 6cm to 5cm, and the other two exterior ones are dead. Also there is no more blood supply feeding the 5cm. My periods have improved somewhat, but occasionally flood. My iron count is up these days. But still have dips in energy sometimes. I had expected better results, but I think these are actually okay results.
    I still eat what ever I want right before my period. Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter is my favorite.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Honestly, for me.. it's not the amount of food that I eat, which I don't eat more than usual really. I really have to watch sodium, though. I retain water like it's no one's business if I'm not careful with sodium. Last month I didn't gain any weight at all because I was very diligent at keeping my carbs under 20g a day, which I do anyways. But also keeping sodium under 1000mg. In the past when I wasn't doing low carb, I'd easily gain 5-7 lbs during my period. I was also guilty of eating fast food then.

I'm not as low carb as you but I did notice that as I have reduced my carbs, my premenstrual food cravings, which used to last about a week, have been reduced to just one day and are easily satisfied. This TOM, I also didn't have my usual premenstrual weight gain.

• ellasbrown
    ellasbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Recently diagnosed with Uterine fibroids also have PCOS. Looking for advice, support, and friends.
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    am I the only one who has to force myself to actually eat on my period? The pain is so horrible no matter what I do (has been this way all my life). Sometimes the cramps are so bad I spend the day puking my guts out hence the reason I don't like to eat. Exercise does NOT happen during this time, I can barely shift without extreme pain-moving does not help no matter what anyone says, tried but it makes it feel like shooting pain instead of stabbing pain. I have found no pain meds take it away either, they reduce the pain but during that time of the month I can't find relief without taking something to knock me out. I do retain lots of water at this time though and I haven't seen any loss after it passes.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    am I the only one who has to force myself to actually eat on my period? The pain is so horrible no matter what I do (has been this way all my life). Sometimes the cramps are so bad I spend the day puking my guts out hence the reason I don't like to eat. Exercise does NOT happen during this time, I can barely shift without extreme pain-moving does not help no matter what anyone says, tried but it makes it feel like shooting pain instead of stabbing pain. I have found no pain meds take it away either, they reduce the pain but during that time of the month I can't find relief without taking something to knock me out. I do retain lots of water at this time though and I haven't seen any loss after it passes.

My cramps aren't as bad as yours, but I can identify. The pain has made me throw up occasionally and I'm never as hungry as I usually am. Even when my cramps are more manageable, I just don't feel very hungry.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member

Have you seen your doctor? I would be concerned at these symptoms in myself!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    edited November 2015
    My period is due within the week. I found myself oddly hungry for breakfast this morning but Im also dealing with some GI discomfort (also a sign TOM is on its way) so I dont want to eat much. I'm hoping I can push through my moodiness and stay active even when I just want a blankie and some hot tea in bed. I figure I can do okay with food intake, I will just have to say no to things that don't fit in my daily allotment. We shall see how successful I can be! This will be my first period since really buckling down so I expect some bumps in the road and a bit of an adjustment.
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    brb2008 - yes I have seen my doctor(family and OBG). There are no underlying issues for it. I just have a more extreme case. He advised there is nothing that can be done besides to manage it at this point. Unless I want it all taken out, which I don't right now but perhaps later in life. I have even tried birth control but if my period is anything it is stalwart. It comes same time every month no matter what. I can almost pinpoint exactly when it will come. When I had my son I did the whole bleeding after birth thing for two weeks and my TOM hit right on time a couple days after I stopped. The good news is that it only lasts for four days at most, bad news is the cramps are the main component for 3 of those 4. lol.