Fat burning recipes

Options
Honey Grapefruit with Banana
Trying to trim down or stay slim? You can't go wrong with this tangy tropical fruit salad, perfect for breakfast or as a colorful side dish at brunch. Grapefruit is one of the best foods for weight loss, studies show—perhaps because of the effect it has on insulin, a fat-storage hormone.

What's more, grapefruit is deceptively filling. It has one of the highest water concentrations of any fruit (about 90% of its weight is water), and all that juice fills you up fast and prevents overeating.

Share this type of recipes...

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I haven't a clue what impact grapefruit has on insulin, but trying to lose weight by messing with your hormones just complicates things.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    In for lolz.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit is one of the best foods for weight loss, studies show—perhaps because of the effect it has on insulin, a fat-storage hormone..

Please show us the studies
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit has one of the highest levels of contraindications with certain types of medication and the resulting effects can kill someone. Notable types of medication are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections, epilepsy, depression, anxiety and sleep meds. I've never seen a grapefruit recommending diet that acknowledges that.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit has one of the highest levels of contraindications with certain types of medication and the resulting effects can kill someone. Notable types of medication are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections, epilepsy, depression, anxiety and sleep meds. I've never seen a grapefruit recommending diet that acknowledges that.

Also messes with birth control pills.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat what you want within your calorie goals. There are no such things as "fat-burning" foods.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I cba debating with you, but there are some actual studies on the benefits of grapefruit. Not really what the op is claiming though.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Honey Grapefruit with Banana
    Trying to trim down or stay slim? You can't go wrong with this tangy tropical fruit salad, perfect for breakfast or as a colorful side dish at brunch. Grapefruit is one of the best foods for weight loss, studies show—perhaps because of the effect it has on insulin, a fat-storage hormone.

What's more, grapefruit is deceptively filling. It has one of the highest water concentrations of any fruit (about 90% of its weight is water), and all that juice fills you up fast and prevents overeating.

Share this type of recipes...

Do explain. Does grapefruit magically generate some functional beta cells within my pancreas to actually start producing insulin? :lol:
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My fat burning recipe.

Get some fat.
    Put it in a skillet.

Cook it until it smokes.

The only food that can reliably cause weight loss, is the food you don't eat.

OTOH Grapefruit is delicious and should be included in a healthy diet when it does not conflict with any health conditions you might have.