Guilt feeling

Options
How do you deal with the guilt, on a day that you eat more calories than you should? This does not occur often, but once or twice a month.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    err i dont have it, its just food, eat it dont eat it. Log and move on is your strategy. What does guilt achieve? Complete waste of time and counter productive to your weight loss. If you are binging then figure out why, but the same approach applies log it and move on.
  • caioincau
    caioincau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know that this not help me, but it is more stronger than me.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I have no guilt associated with food. If I ate more then I should've, I try to figure out why. If it was because I was truly honestly hungry then that's fine with me. If it was because I was lazy and over indulged, then I try not to do it again the next day and that's it. Log it and move forward
  • caioincau
    caioincau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually eat more when I travel to someplace and see something different that I can not eat near to my house another day.

Like some foodtrucks or a good restaurant.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If I feel a twinge of guilt I try to brush it off. One day isn't going to undo everything which is what I try to keep in mind. ;)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    caioincau wrote: »
    I usually eat more when I travel to someplace and see something different that I can not eat near to my house another day.

Like some foodtrucks or a good restaurant.
    Then work it into your allowance or create some more calories with exercise. Geting guilty or feeling bad over food tends to do more damage than good. In this case it eats away at your feeling of wellbeing, so its unhelpful.

If its common you like to try food in new places and it happens a lot, then just moderate (portion control) and use some common sense ( food choices) so you dont have to miss out. that way you have planned for it and worked it into your lifestyle.