Sleeping since weight loss

Options
Before when I slept I would hug a pillow to keep my shoulders from collapsing (without it I just felt like I couldn't breathe properly). And My fat kind of kept my balance when sleeping on my side.

I'm down 22 lbs (190 to 173), 5'8", and since I got to the weight I'm at now, I've been waking up with sore neck and shoulder muscles, but still sleeping in the same position. I've tried others but can't get comfortable. I thought maybe the neck/shoulder pain was a fluke, but it has been for weeks and weeks now.

Has anyone experienced this? Do I need to get a new pillow along with my new clothes?? What's a comfortable position for you when sleeping?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    A good set of muscles all around the torso helps against back pain, but if it's just the sleeping position then yes, you should look at alternatives. I always preferred soft matrasses, but since I lost weight and my hip and pelvis bones are sticking out I find hard beds a serious drag to sleep in. It's not an issue at home as I have a lovely bed, but some hotel rooms are just terrible.