Most people select a goal weight, and that determines their calories. Has anyone tried it the other

124»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    When I decided to never diet again to lose weight I did change my macro that cut out off of my cravings and just eat until I feel stuffed. Over time I am down from my peak 250 pounds to 200 pounds eating all I want to eat and have maintained there for the last year.

So I did neither way but just adjusted my macro and let the weight and number of calories be self adjusting after my self regulated eating order returned.

From my understanding unless we have developed an eating disorder for some reason CICO is automatically managed to yield the best human health.

One could argue that overweight/obese people have ALL developed some kind of eating disorder.

Also, unless you're very tall and/or muscular, 200 pounds is on the high side for most people, so your reasoning is flawed.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    On the original question - yes sort of. I generally do trust my body to stay at a healthy weight if I eat moderately and work out vigorously, so I try to live the lifestyle I want and let that determine my weight.

But I do adjust if I get "out of spec". Life throws things at you, right? So a couple years back intense stress, I didn't eat enough, weight drops below healthy, I work to get it back up some, or on the other side, this year, a string of injuries and surgery had me on my *kitten* more than usual, weight went up, I work to get it back down gently. So I do have limits on that, a goal range that I try to maintain. I do not want to be over ten stone or under nine, basically. When I get close to those outside boundaries I get worried and do work to stay a particular size.

This really doesn't happen often, though. I go years and years just sort of living healthy and letting my weight fall where it will. As long as it falls where I want it, LOL.

And I don't think I would ever want to maintain an uncomfortable lifestyle just to be a particular size, but haven't had to do that so I am not sure.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    she_lived_wholly_forevermore Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm actually attempting that now but working with what my Fitbit charge hr gives me. Focusing on netting 1200 so I'll eat anywhere between 1390 and 2300 depending on the day. Been losing the last 2 weeks so my body must like what I'm doing.

*sorry if I misunderstood the post but this is what I'm personally doing rather than sticking to a set range like I was doing no matter activity level**