Garmin Loneliness!

Options
I have had a Garmin for about a month and could use some Garmin friends. Anyone interested?

Replies

• KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a vivosmart!...I have no idea how to add friends, but if you will tell me, I'm up for it :-)
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I believe that if you give me your username on your Garmin I can search for it and add it. It's worth a shot! LOL
  • alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My connections list is pretty empty too. Leave a username for me to add/feel free to add alekth :)

(Adding people is done via the Connections page, Find people tab.)
  • joyce_mckinnis
    joyce_mckinnis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi! i think if you search for Joyce_McK you will find me. I have a vivoactive and would enjoy having more friends too. thanks!
  • Jackie9950
    Options
    Thanks! I added you both!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    add me on Garmin ;-) I´m abelcat there ;-)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I just got a vivofit. I'm 1princesswarrior. I have no idea how to add friends yet.
  • Jackie9950
    Options
    Request sent to everyone who put their username down so far :) Thanks!
  • magrat0315
    magrat0315 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had a vivofit for a couple of months...no idea how to add friends but my user name is magrat0315.

Also...does anyone know how to edit exercise synced to MFP from a garmin? It seems to always show up as walking or running in MFP even though i edit the activity in the connect app.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I just got a vivofit2. I don't really access that site much I am ilikewarmhugs. But you can add me on here. :p
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I'm FancyladyJeri
  • MrsJunkPuncher
    MrsJunkPuncher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you go in and edit the exercise as soon as you finish in Garmin Connect, you can usual catch it before it syncs to MFP. Sometime I don't get it caught but usually the cals will at least adjust. You can add me to your Garmin Connections as MrsJunkPuncher (it's a family clan name thanks to Xbox & being the only female in a family of boys)
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    KNoWayJose
  • alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Short of deleting and re-adding it doesn't seem possible to edit the type of activity on MFP. Likely it's sent only once right when it's uploaded and not continuously synced to reflect changes.

edit: oh, it appears you have to be real quick and catch it right away!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great post! Glad to find some people to connect with :)

I'm EmBlazes

I have a Vivofit - only got it this week so I'm a bit of a newb!
  • silcha_
    silcha_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got my vivosmart. feel free to add me on connect and MFP. my username in Garmin is silcha
  • Jackie9950
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have added everyone who out there ID down. In case you are wondering, Mine is Jvc9950

Also, quick question! I have noticed that when I go to the gym, my Garmin doesn't catch my steps on the treadmill, which I know is because I tend to want to hold on to the bars. Is there a way to edit your steps?
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    dcurzon
  • magrat0315
    magrat0315 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips on editing activities!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The gym machines interfere with the step counter if you are also using a foot pod. Now cannot edit steps or cardio measurements unfortunately. But you can edit mileage and calories sometimes. I'm aaliceinw if you would like to add me. I'm not very active right now because I have my foot in a moon boot.