Pantry Raid Challenge Starts 6/1

Options
Good Morning Everyone,

I am seeking 10 to 20 Individuals who want to raid their pantry while at the same time losing weight.

Why? To save Food, Money and Time.

The Average American tosses about 25% of the food in they buy. What if we just go ahead and eat it. Eating it is the trifecta of savings, we aren't wasting food, or money to buy it or time to go shopping for more.

Most of us forget what we have in our pantry after about a week. I am always shocked to see that a week ago I bought cheese or vegetables that are wilting the crisper.

Finally, to help you lose weight without spending a TON of money on getting started. Too often we set out to change our diets by going shopping first. Not this time. For 14 DAYS the goal is to eat as much food we find in our pantries.

Day One Will be Posted next Saturday so people have time to prep for the next 14 days.

Introduce yourself here, when we reach 20 people, I will send everyone an invite to the group....since we cannot stay here.

So who's ready for a Pantry RAID!!!

Replies

• susan22861
    susan22861 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent idea, however, my husband does a lot of our shopping and what is stored in my pantry are a lot of carbs - noodles. I'm in, though!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Cool. ITs not just the Pantry...pantry raid sounded cool LOL. Its is also the fridge, and deep freezer. We will plan meals focusing on healthy ingredients we already have.
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    That was very interesting information to read... Can't join you because I keep a small pantry and everything in it gets eaten up (or the freezer, or the fridge), but you ladies are such a great change from posts by people who brag about throwing the peanut butter jar in the trash after eating a spoonful so they won't finish it in one go.

Not only will you save money for yourselves and resources to help the environment, it sounds like practically an exercise in moderation because presumably your pantries are full but you'll be cleaning them out portion by portion. Go you! Good luck in the challenge!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is hurricane season here. In the pantry we keep canned goods, dried fruit, and nuts.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I totally read this as PANTY raid.

I'm kinda disappointed.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options

I'm kinda disappointed.

ditto
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ugh. But I have these nasty cans of chicken in my cupboard. And like enough rice for a year, which I hate cooking.
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I need an excuse to eat at home.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I will give it a whirl, even though my roomie will hate it!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm kinda disappointed.

ditto

me too...so no panty raid?
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Sure. Why not? But what am I going to do with the lifetime supply of dried dill weed I have in the cupboard? (I had added one 2.75oz jar to an online order, but I was sent a case of six. It was their mistake and it would cost more for them to pay for me to ship it back to them and resend one jar, so I ended up with the bonus five jars. Oy. I like dill, but, that's a LOT of dill. LOL!)
  • arditarose
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »

I'm kinda disappointed.

ditto

Nope. Wrong thread. Sorry.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    Options

I'm kinda disappointed.

ditto

Start a new thread. Panty raids are cardio, right?
  • arditarose
    Options

I'm kinda disappointed.

ditto

Start a new thread. Panty raids are cardio, right?

Just when I thought there wasn't any cardio I would do.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    Options
    minizebu wrote: »
    But what am I going to do with the lifetime supply of dried dill weed I have in the cupboard?

Make a lot of salmon? I use fresh dill if I bother at all, don't know if dried will work.

Or free cycle it
  • DeniseB0711
    Options

That was very interesting information to read... Can't join you because I keep a small pantry and everything in it gets eaten up (or the freezer, or the fridge), but you ladies are such a great change from posts by people who brag about throwing the peanut butter jar in the trash after eating a spoonful so they won't finish it in one go.

Not only will you save money for yourselves and resources to help the environment, it sounds like practically an exercise in moderation because presumably your pantries are full but you'll be cleaning them out portion by portion. Go you! Good luck in the challenge!

The Pantry Raid, also includes our Freezers and the Crisper drawer of my fridge. I have a TON of Corn on the Cob from last year....guess when we'll be eating :D. I also have catfish nuggets that will be coming out of the freezer for Cajun fish tacos.

The goal here is to eat as much stuff you already have on hand......Although I will admit I am a little afraid of what that really means. I have been peeking in my pantry over the past two days since I came up with this idea....its going to get really random real quick.

• DeniseB0711
    Options

I'm kinda disappointed.

Sorry to Disappoint you!!! LOL. But that is why I called it that...;D You wouldn't have looked if I called it Clean eating for 14 days and you have to eat everything in your pantry group. kwim?

• DeniseB0711
    Options
    minizebu wrote: »
    But what am I going to do with the lifetime supply of dried dill weed I have in the cupboard?

Make a lot of salmon? I use fresh dill if I bother at all, don't know if dried will work.

Or free cycle it

I will be interested to see what you do @bunsen_honeydew because I have Dill in my garden right now...and other than adding it to salads and table pickles (which is just vinegar, cucumbers, dill, salt and pepper). I am clueless.
  • DeniseB0711
    Options
    Who else is in. :smile: .