30 pounds lost - 15 to go! ROAR (Lion) - could use some support to continue the battle

Options
Lion707
Lion707 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
I had to lose some weight priority to major surgery on March 15 of this year on my esophagus, stomach and diaphragm . The surgery seems to be a success so far but I will only know in the long term. I had a partial nissen fundiplication (created a new lower muscle around the bottom of the esophagus using tissue from my stomach - yuk!); a hiatal hernia repair, and a surgery to repair a problem with my diaphragm (did not ask what they did).
Frankly, a liquid diet and soft foods for 5 weeks did not hurt to get me started (do not recommend this course but when you get lemons make lemonade).
Post-surgery, I have continued to lose more. I know I am up against the odds!
I need to remind myself that many moons ago I lost 50 lbs on Weight Watchers and kept it off for over 5 years. I am exercising (Iike the way I can add more calories), and trying to use myfitnesspal to log my foods. But I do think myfitnesspal needs to find a way to count fruits and vegetables (checkmarks would work like counting "water").
If I can can lose 15 more I can use my lifetime membership privileges with W.W. I am also interested to know if anyone has tried TOPS because it is a much more economical alternative.
Anyways, I just thought I would introduce myself.

(It is supposed to be easier to lose weight if you are male *me* but keeping it off is just as tough apparently for both sexes... at least I have found it so. Anyways, it is tough for anyone to deal successfully with lifestyle changes).