Hi, I'm M3lodica!

Options
M3lodica
M3lodica Posts: 8 Member
My husband and I have been using the MFP app for a long time (I don't remember how long exactly, but I think around 4 - 5 years.) I am pretty sure that if we hadn't been trying so hard, and using this app, that we would weigh a lot more than we do. I am about 45 pounds overweight.

I used to be an avid mountain biker, but now due to bad knees and other injuries/arthritis and fibromyalgia, I pretty much just use a recumbent exercise bike.

Recently, we both got Fitbit flexes and I am so amazed at how much we walk daily. This past week I logged 89,328 steps. I like how well Fitbit and MFP interface. I wish that the food data would transfer over to my Fitbit, or maybe it does but I don't know how to make it work.

I'll be 55 years young this summer and am looking for ways to finally lose the rest of the weight I need to lose.

I never knew that MFP had a community until I got my iPhone 6 a few days ago and saw it on the first page when I opened the app. I'm excited to find this community. I hope I can help/motivate others and am looking for the same for myself.

Thanks,
M3lodica

Replies

• marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great work on the losses so far. The fitbit is great and i have just found MFP and they go well together. The calories do cross over on each other on my Charge. Not sure on flex.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    M3lodica wrote: »
    My husband and I have been using the MFP app for a long time (I don't remember how long exactly, but I think around 4 - 5 years.) I am pretty sure that if we hadn't been trying so hard, and using this app, that we would weigh a lot more than we do. I am about 45 pounds overweight.

Recently, we both got Fitbit flexes and I am so amazed at how much we walk daily. This past week I logged 89,328 steps. I like how well Fitbit and MFP interface. I wish that the food data would transfer over to my Fitbit, or maybe it does but I don't know how to make it work.

MFP sends water & aggregate meal data to Fitbit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • M3lodica
    M3lodica Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Marky and Editorgrrl thank you so much! I appreciate your help.