Foods You Wish They Would Bring Back?

Options

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I wish I could remember the name of the shakes sold both in my high school and local grocery store. This had to be the late 90s/early 2000s. They were little cartons of milkshakes in various flavors. The vanilla carton was in an electric blue color; chocolate was dark brown; and strawberry was pink. The vanilla was by far my favorite -- it tasted almost like thick eggnog. It was very expensive for a six pack of them, so when we got it it was a real treat. I can't find a picture of them anywhere on the internet, but I KNOW they existed. They must've disappeared around 2003-2005.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I wish I could remember the name of the shakes sold both in my high school and local grocery store. This had to be the late 90s/early 2000s. They were little cartons of milkshakes in various flavors. The vanilla carton was in an electric blue color; chocolate was dark brown; and strawberry was pink. The vanilla was by far my favorite -- it tasted almost like thick eggnog. It was very expensive for a six pack of them, so when we got it it was a real treat. I can't find a picture of them anywhere on the internet, but I KNOW they existed. They must've disappeared around 2003-2005.
    was it this-https://www.berryondairy.com/image/53073134_scaled_212x145.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    Options

No, unfortunately not :(
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

hmm was it a name brand? maybe it was just a local type thing?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

This ? bww680fw2e4h.png
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Marathon candy bars.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Wendy’s used to have a salad bar with celery seed salad dressing. It was kinda sweet and sour and it was my favorite thing they had
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    Wendy’s used to have a salad bar with celery seed salad dressing. It was kinda sweet and sour and it was my favorite thing they had

where do you live? any wendys Ive ever been to and thats more than one state never had a salad bar
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

where do you live? any wendys Ive ever been to and thats more than one state never had a salad bar

I could've sworn my local Wendy's in PA had a salad bar, but I can't remember.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Im in WV but grew up on the east coast and none there I went to had them. none of them here have them. but maybe back in the day some of them did. just none of the ones I went to
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Im in WV but grew up on the east coast and none there I went to had them. none of them here have them. but maybe back in the day some of them did. just none of the ones I went to

They did at one point, my mom was the salad bar attendant at the local Wendy’s for her first real job after she and my dad got divorced. I mean this was nearly 40 years ago but I don’t recall how long it stuck around.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    naip4ps0c070.jpeg

Omg looks like it was a real thing https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/most-disastrous-fast-food-menu-fails-all-time-slideshow
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I just really miss dunkaroos with the vanilla frosting!🤤
  • FrazierRach
    FrazierRach Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These used to only come out around Valentine's Day, and I used to destroy them because I loved them so much. They're my favorite Hershey's kiss, but I haven't been able to find them at all anymore. :'(

xskeomv7ein2.jpg

I also miss:
    - Baked Doritos
    - Triscuit used to have a sweet potato and brown sugar flavor which I LOVED
    - Wheat Thins (I think?) used to have a Vermont white cheddar flavor I loved too
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    9c87krwkyuie.jpg
    h05m5q3r48ac.jpg
    c576bv1iznb6.jpg
    1m8hd3jqyweh.jpg

• skelterhelter
    Options

This ? bww680fw2e4h.png

No, those weren't it either. The ones I'm thinking of came in a shorter, wide carton.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Oreo Os

Come on Post! They're not even available in Korea anymore!!! Bring em back!!!!

Wal-Mart is carrying the Malt-O-Meal Cookies & Cream cereal. It's pretty much the same thing.

I am highly skeptical...but I shall investigate.

http://www.cerealously.net/review-malt-o-meal-cookies-cream-cereal-kind-of-american-oreo-os/

Sadly, what I expected is true. From that article:
    "I’m going to be up-front about Cookies & Cream: it doesn’t look or taste exactly as good as Oreo O’s."

Ya’ll, I’m fairly confident we saw Oreo cereal at the grocery store last week... maybe it has returned

Yup. Not long after their complete disappearance from the earth, they made a glorious return. It took me a while to realize they were back because they were exclusive to Walmart for some reason. They've finally made it to other groceries now, though.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Fiber One has had some tasty snacks that didn't last long (i.e. poptarts). Wouldn't mind seeing those make a return.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    naip4ps0c070.jpeg

Omg looks like it was a real thing https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/most-disastrous-fast-food-menu-fails-all-time-slideshow

I grew up in Appalachian Virginia in the 80s and I loved the Wendy’s Superbar. This wasn’t just salad; they also had Mexican food and pasta. I think there was also pudding. I mean, yes, the entire concept of “all you can eat fast food” doesn’t sound so great to me now, but when I was a kid in the middle of nowhere, it was the best thing around.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The turkey sausage flatbread from Dunkin Donuts. It was my favorite lowish calorie option, and the wrap itself was delicious. They only took it out a few months back.

Cheesecake Factory's crab hash for brunch too. I was so bummed when I finally went back after 5 years and they had taken it off the menu.