A300 +H7 strap vs the fitbit HRM

Options
What's your experience with these products, which one do you like better?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I doubt many people've tried both. I love my Fitbit Charge HR. It tracks my sleep, calculates my TDEE, and syncs with MFP. And Fitbit challenges are great motivation.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had the Charge HR and I think mine was just a dud. It would say I climbed the stairs 28 times when in reality it was 3 or 4. Distance walked would be way off, even though I set the stride length. I think the HRM is going to be a bit more accurate. I now have the Polar FT7 and really like it. I liked that Fitbit synced with MFP and it counted steps, but I really just wanted something to monitor my heart rate while working out and getting a more accurate calorie burn estimate. The strap doesn't bother me. I guess it really depends on what you want the monitor/tracker for.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I had the Charge HR and I think mine was just a dud. It would say I climbed the stairs 28 times when in reality it was 3 or 4. Distance walked would be way off, even though I set the stride length.

The Fitbit stair count doesn't affect your burn in any way—it's just supposed to be a fun motivation. It's based on changes in air pressure, so you can get lots of "flights" walking outside on a windy day.

All that matters is an accurate burn. I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months, so my Fitbit burn = TDEE.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I'm about to buy a fit bit HRM I had a jawbone that lasted about three months but broke it hitting a speed bag.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Me not have one of those choices. Me have Polar FT4 with Chest Strap. Me no helpies. :'(
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm about to buy a fit bit HRM I had a jawbone that lasted about three months but broke it hitting a speed bag.
    Honestly, you're such a stud!!! <3

• Justygirl77
    Options
    Me not have one of those choices. Me have Polar FT4 with Chest Strap. Me no helpies. :'(
    Hmmmm i'm interested in that too....you like it?

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    have the Polar HT7 and very happy with it. Specially because it almost match my lab tests every time ( VO2).

So yep happy with mine, cant say anything about the other products, dont need or have those. :)
  • Justygirl77
    Options
    Thank-you! I appreciate the input!