12 pounds.

Options
I've been tracking everything that's passed my lips for the past 3 months. Along with regular exersize I've lost 7 pounds, to feel more confident on holiday I want to loose another 12 pounds. I've been sticking to 1460 calories a day and having porridge or eggs for breakfast, salad or homemade soup for lunch, and alternating between stir fry, chicken fish and veg for evening meals. So far I'm roughly loosing a pound a week but wondered if anyone has any advise for the final push? (Holiday in one month!) Many thanks xxx

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to reset and lower your expectations. With so little to lose, it's naturally going to be slower. Plus it's very unlikely you'll lose 12 lbs in 1 month. Maybe if you were morbidly obese, but judging my your profile picture, I'd say you are far from that. You should probably aim for about 4 lbs in a month and just enjoy your holiday.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    You don't appear to be either obese or overweight (judging by the one picture you have up). You don't even appear to be at the top end of the normal weight range for you.

When you lose weight you lose both fat and fat free mass (water and muscle). When you generate a larger deficit in order to lose faster you increase the chances of losing fat free mass.

The recommended rate of weight loss for a person trying to get to the lower end of their normal weight range is around 0.5lbs a week.

It sounds like you are currently achieving approximately that level of weight loss.

Good Job!
  • jesscant12345
    jesscant12345 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm just the top end of the Normal weight range for my hight. Thanks really good to know that I'm on the right track!
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yup, what they said. Congratulations on your loss so far :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great. Keep doing that.