Looking for new friends for MyFitnessPal

Options
mmnv79
mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
Hi all! I have been using MyFitnessPal for a few months and have lost 8 kg. (18lbs). I'm 5'5, I currently weight 84 kg. (185lbs) and I want to lose approx 16 kg. (35lbs) more. I'm not following any diet plan. I just try to eat more healthy choices, cut down on my frying and working out more. I like cycling, walking and water sports. Also, I do DVDs at home (zumba, salsa, 30 days shred, etc.). I'm still learning about portion sizes, meeting daily requirements and all that. I'm taking it easy, but I'm still losing weight. I'm not in a race to get there but I am determined to get there.

I feel like I'd be able to be a little more constant with usage if I had more friends on there as I've gotten some great ideas for my meals from looking at my friend's diaries. Please, feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• mvanzant
    mvanzant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not really new to MFP, but I've stopped using it for quite awhile and now I'm back. I also have trouble losing weight. I really have to now because i have knee problems(too much weight on them). I find myself staying hungry all the time and have no control over what I eat. I have tried a personel trainer and was doing good but had to stop because I quit working. So I need motivation to get me back on the right track. Hopefully this time around I will lose lets say around 30 lbs. with the next several months or so !!!!
  • mmnv79
    Options
    Take it easy! :) I don't have a problem losing weight, I mean, fortunately there's nothing physically wrong with me. I'm more than happy losing at a 1-2 pound rate per week as long as my weight goes in the right direction. I'm not rushing it. I don't starve myself and I haven't tried crash diets, such the cabbage soup diet, etc. because they don't and will never work for me. I not only want to lose weight but to improve my health and stay that way forever. I'm still learning about healthy food choices, ovenbake and grill instead of deep fry, etc. and so far I'm enjoying my journey to a new me.
  • lillypatty
    lillypatty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to add new friends
  • stuartcc73
    stuartcc73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im new would love to have motivation and could use friends
  • hungrykell
    hungrykell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • mmnv79
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much!
  • Debbie714
    Debbie714 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I agree, I've been using MFP on-and-off for two years and I'm so much more involved now that I have friends to encourage and who encourage me. I shall add you now :smile:
  • gypsysoul812
    gypsysoul812 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me ☺
  • dtfiler
    dtfiler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need the motivation so looking for friends as well. Trying to get refocused and start this again.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :)
  • ArtsyActive1401
    ArtsyActive1401 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I can always use a few more friends, too. 65 day logging streak so far, and motivated to reach my personal goals. :)
  • cfpcyclist
    cfpcyclist Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I need more too.
  • mmnv79
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • Southerngalpal
    Southerngalpal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi mmnv79 :) You can add me if you like, Anyone can. I have 24 lbs to go. However my food diary is private. I love helping and supporting my friends!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Anybody here can add me too! I'm 31 5'6'' and down 15lbs or so, but looking to loose another 25.
  • Jag7694
    Jag7694 Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I need friends too! I see it as accountability! Thanks!
  • junglejulie25
    junglejulie25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mvanzant wrote: »
    Hello, I'm not really new to MFP, but I've stopped using it for quite awhile and now I'm back. I also have trouble losing weight. I really have to now because i have knee problems(too much weight on them). I find myself staying hungry all the time and have no control over what I eat. I have tried a personel trainer and was doing good but had to stop because I quit working. So I need motivation to get me back on the right track. Hopefully this time around I will lose lets say around 30 lbs. with the next several months or so !!!!

• junglejulie25
    junglejulie25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have faith in you.