Getting over binge eating disorder

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a 27 year old female from NY. I'm really knowledgable about how to eat to get lean and gain muscle but have been struggling with serious binge eating for 2 years after getting down to my leanest. I've gained 25lbs and I'm just trying to get over binge eating and lose *some* weight. But again my focus is getting past binge eating. I don't know why I'm posting this but maybe someone can respond.

Replies

• LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Binge eating is difficult. I've lived with it too, and it's not easy to beat. I find it's a constant battle, even when I'm successfully losing weight I still struggle to keep my feelings in check.

Whenever I find myself wanting to binge, I need to ask myself why. Is it because I'm bored? Sad? Anxious? Angry? Is it just mindless eating? Then I need to find something else to deal with these feelings, like going for a walk or taking a hot shower. Sometimes writing in a journal helps. I've lived with high anxiety my entire life, and I've found that the months in which I binged the most were also my most anxious or depressed. I wasn't really able to get a good handle on my binge eating until I went on an antidepressant. Once the medication took effect, it was easier for me to motivate myself into healthy eating.

Feel free to add me if you want some more encouragement :)
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @LuckyMunky I read a book called Brain Over Binge that was a huge help (at least just google it you will most likely be thankful later) that was practically a cure but I fell back into the habit this week so I'm worried. I'll add you thank you for responding.
  • tiffyshellie
    tiffyshellie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Binge eating has been my life. I can recall eating my way through a variety pack of snack chips that my mother had purchased for lunches. Even at the age of 8 I knew I was behaving abnormally. It is a constant struggle for me today and the biggest obstacle that I face on my journey towards health.