Hey all

Options
im having a really hard time getting started and stay on track. My goal is to lose around 130ish lbs. I know it's a slow and steady process but I keep just giving up. Or getting busy/too tired to work out. I need help with motivation and some awesomely tasty meals to keep me eating healthy. Can anyone help me out?!? Pwease??

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? What is your current workout program and diet like?
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've been watching a lot of YouTube weight loss journey videos for motivation :) maybe that can help keeping you inspired?
  • Jessisauras
    Jessisauras Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stats? I hardly ever eat out. I almost always make my meals. Which are usually healthy but not always. I work at a daycare so a lot of the time, I'll eat breakfast and lunch there which usually isn't all that healthy. I've been taking my own lunch lately. Usually some grilled chicken and a veggie and take a snack like an apple or watermelon. And as for working out, it's just on the treadmill.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    Stats? I hardly ever eat out. I almost always make my meals. Which are usually healthy but not always. I work at a daycare so a lot of the time, I'll eat breakfast and lunch there which usually isn't all that healthy. I've been taking my own lunch lately. Usually some grilled chicken and a veggie and take a snack like an apple or watermelon. And as for working out, it's just on the treadmill.

Height, weight, age
  • Jessisauras
    Options
    Oh. 5ft3, 245ish lbs, 25.
  • Jessisauras
    Options
    I have tons of people on Instagram that I follow that have awesome weight loss stories.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    Oh. 5ft3, 245ish lbs, 25.

Have you been logging your food for a while and know how many calories you need to eat? You can probably ditch the tredmill if you aren't motivated to do it. Luckily weight loss is about energy balance, and an energy (calorie) deficit can be achieved easiest by adjusting your diet, so cardio isn't entirely necessary.
  • Jessisauras
    Options
    I have been tracking and logging my food. Not this weekend cause it's been crazy. I'm researching now what to eat.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    I have been tracking and logging my food. Not this weekend cause it's been crazy. I'm researching now what to eat.

Another good thing about achieving a calorie deficit, is it doesn't really matter what you eat to lose weight, just how much. What is your calorie goal? What activity level did you set MFP to use?

With that said, it's a good idea for your overall health to eat the majority of your foods from nutrient dense sources, but you can definitely eat the foods you like without feeling bad about it.
  • Jessisauras
    Options
    My goal is set to just over 1500 a day. And my activity is just set as slight. Even though I'm on my feet and moving all day, I feel like it's not a ton of activity.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    For meals, take a look at the skinnytaste website. I have rarely been steered wrong by one of her recipes, and she tends to use ingredients that I have on hand.

For motivation.......there's a reason why Nike's three word slogan has been around forever. It's simple and effective: Just do it.

Seriously; motivation has to come from you. If you can't muster it up, if losing weight and getting fit isn't a priority for you, then strangers on a message board can't make it so.

I know it's hard, but keep at it! Good luck!
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    For meals, take a look at skinnytaste.com . I have rarely been steered wrong by one of her recipes, and she tends to use ingredients that I have on hand.

For motivation.......there's a reason why Nike's three word slogan has been around forever. It's simple and effective: Just do it.

Seriously; motivation has to come from you. If you can't muster it up, if losing weight and getting fit isn't a priority for you, then strangers on a message board can't make it so.

I know it's hard, but keep at it! Good luck!

Also, for motivation, it helps to make specific goals, like "I will lose 10 pounds by the 4th of July". And also to tell yourself that every day, and to envision how awesome it will be to hit the goal.
  • Jessisauras
    Options
    I'll do that. I saw this chart thingy that I give myself rewards when I hit a certain amount of weight loss.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

Nothing special is needed. Just eat less.