Any Dietbet Experiences?

Options
I am debating entering one of these Dietbet challenges, and would love to know if anyone else has tried?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Well, this sounds like a terrible idea.
  • mollyyy125
    mollyyy125 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i haven't done it but people in my family have. it's legit - but they only pay you in pay pal
  • Simply_Yulz
    Simply_Yulz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    mollyyy125 wrote: »
    i haven't done it but people in my family have. it's legit - but they only pay you in pay pal

True however you can transfer it to your bank account if you've linked them up. :)
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've done it. It was simple and definitely motivated me for the length of the bet. If you don't want the hassle of dealing with PayPal and all of that, then I'd say skip it. If you don't mind, definitely go for it!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Horrible idea,
    dont even want to know how much are in there starving them self and hurting their health to win a bet.

maybe i dont know enough about it, and it totally works different. But cant bring myself to it to read such horrible and dumb ideas.
  • captivatedlife
    captivatedlife Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love it. I've done a transformer and a kick starter. if you have read about it - read before responding! Grrrrrr.

:)

Lots of people take the loss of 1 or 2 months on the transformer knowing that they are loosing weight in the long run. Most people lose weight even if they don't meet their goal. I am highly motivated by extrinsic rewards (especially money!) so this works great for me - but not so much for people who aren't motivated that way! You get the typical whining from people (I'm eating clean and not losing, I'm at a plateau, yadayada) but for the most part people are NICE and the community is great.

Good luck making your decision. I wouldn't have lost the weight I did without it because it held me accountable to what I said my goal was. Oh. And check the logic out for your situation. 4% was less than 5 lbs a month for me, but it could be 8 lbs for someone who is 200lbs. Check to make sure you are comfortable with that caliber of weight loss. I am not, but pull out a calculator before you sign up!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It's not a horrible or dumb idea. They have really strict rules in place for weight-loss (so not too much). Lots and lots of rules.

I did a six month one last year to lose the last bit of weight. It really kept me accountable through the monthly weigh-ins. I made $275 (after the $25/month fee). Lost the weight and made money. Worked for me. I don't need to do another one, though. More than half my group was out for the final challenge, though (hadn't lost enough weight). Made me really motivated that last month. :wink:

I also do GymPact (again, money for being healthy works for me). :smiley: