I'm 11 pounds from my goal...

Options
Ok so I'm now only 11lb from my goal. Starting to think seriously about whether I want to go further (I'll be top end of a healthy BMI once I'm at goal) or whether I want to look at maintanence. Frankly maintanence scares me a little.
I've worked so hard to get to this point and fought a lot of demons to reach it. I know that maintanence is where I may struggle so does anyone have any great tips? I'm going to go mooch around the maintanence section but I like it here. It's comfortable and safe and I trust you lol

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I'm 14 pounds above my initial goal, currently within the BMI range, and taking a break because I've been too hungry to eat at a deficit. I don't have any tips because weight loss has suddenly gotten hard. It's been about 3 weeks since I've eaten at a 250+ calorie deficit.

But I'm working out more and will hopefully notice changes that way.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Ease into it. Don't go from 2 pounds a week loss to maintance. Dial it back. 1.5 pounds the 1 then .5 etc unless your already at like .5 per week.

But if your at .5 maintenance isn't that far away any way.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Maintenance makes no difference it's exactly the same with a few more calories

I did the same my goal was top BMI, got there and took it down another 5lbs as I tried to find my maintenance range ...that's taking a few months but I think I'm there now

I now consider my goal as sticking within 3-5lbs of my 5lbs lower weight and trying a body recomp

Never ends