weight watchers digital scale

I recently got one of the weight watchers digital scale from a friend threw church. I had weighted myself 3 times on Sunday after I got him from church it read three different numbers at three different times in not sure how accurate it is but each number that showed up was between 5-10 pounds difference. I'm not sure how close it is to my current weight since I haven't gotten weight for about 5-6 months. My last weigh in at the family doctor was December 30th last year weighted 320. then in January 21 tho year my last weigh in at the women's health center I weighed 318. The 3 times I weighed myself it said 250, 285, 289 I'm not sure if its accurate. By in consideration it has been 5-6 months since I had been weighed. The scales at the women's health center and the family doctor are the manual scales so till my next family doctor visit on June 30th I guess I would have to see what there scale says and then weigh myself when i get home to see how far off and accurate it is. And till then I'm going to weight myself once a week

Replies

• SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Make sure you calibrate it and dont move it :0) If that doesn't help get a new one. It is frustrating to have a faulty scale. Good luck.
  • kimmaltsev
    kimmaltsev Posts: 57 Member
    Calibrate? How do you do that?
  • kimmaltsev
    This is the scale I got from the friend from church. How do i calibrate it?
  • kkayyla
    kkayyla Posts: 5 Member
    i live in fl - my digital scale is the same - use it only as a guide - the scale at publix is dead accurate and calibrated frequently - i rely on that for my true weight - gl
  • kimmaltsev
    How do I calibrate it myself I don't know how to do it
  • ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    I've had two weight watchers scales - one older and one newer than the model you have - and there's nothing in either manual of mine about calbrating them. Your weight will change if you eat, drink, or go to the bathroom, and everyone gains about 2-3 pounds by the end of the day compared to the beginning. What's important is that you always weigh yourself at the same time each day or week and judge your progress by how much the figure changes. That being said, my last weight watchers scale eventually broke - it could measure my weight within 10 pounds but was getting it wrong in the ones place. So if the scale readings are going in the wrong direction or shooting up and then falling down between weigh ins, you might need a new scale.