Things I would say to Jillian Michaels

Options
2»

Replies

• running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dear Jillian,

I do all three shreds in a row if i really fancy kicking my own *kitten*. And thanks to that my abs are solid, just a shame you can't see them yet behind my post pregnancy disproportionate stomach. But i'm going to keep crushing my core with your workouts until they are. But i admit I'm a little fearful of level 3 and 4 of ripped in 30... But goddamn you know how to make a challenging workout if you don't half *kitten* it, so bring on ripped!

It's also helping me prepare for my Super Spartan in September.

You rock!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'd say: "I'm addicted to you"!!! Videos, podcasts, interviews, books, everything!

I know some people have very strong bad feelings about her for endorsing weight loss products or being a bully, or allegedly taking male hormones or cocaine or whatever.
    I KNOW that I don't know if she does. She's not my mother, sister, friend and she does whatever the hell she wants.

What I know is that I'm shrieking doing her videos, she gets me thinner and stronger, that almost everything she says is smart and/or funny and/or useful, that the no excuse/no giving up works for me, that the bottom of her work is about enpowerment, which is what I want.

Thanks Jillian!
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "Jillian, will you marry me?"
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Dear Jillian,
    I started out thinking, 'I can do this'.
    Then realised it was only the 'warm up'
    Oooops!!!
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would tell her, keep encouraging but don't tell viewers "anyone can do a jumping jack", I have 400 pound people doing them"Someone with bad knees or 350 pounds without a BL doctor nearby shouldn't just wing it. She works very closely with many professionals. Working in an ortho/PT office had me see many "I thought I could do this" injuries.
    Thank you! That's what I always wanted to tell her, "you stupid thing, don't tell 400lb people to do jumping jacks, you're encouraging them to destroy their joints!!!" I personally don't believe in "one workout that fits all", Jillian should know better, too.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I would tell her, keep encouraging but don't tell viewers "anyone can do a jumping jack", I have 400 pound people doing them"Someone with bad knees or 350 pounds without a BL doctor nearby shouldn't just wing it. She works very closely with many professionals. Working in an ortho/PT office had me see many "I thought I could do this" injuries.
    Thank you! That's what I always wanted to tell her, "you stupid thing, don't tell 400lb people to do jumping jacks, you're encouraging them to destroy their joints!!!" I personally don't believe in "one workout that fits all", Jillian should know better, too.
    She might not because her demographics are mainly under 40, but I wish she would come out with a low impact workout for people who can only modify, you can still get great results. Maybe when she's older.

She's been taken to task for some of her statements, but overall she's gotten better over the years.
  • charlene1873
    Options
    Jillian Michaels you ROCK !!! and I want to keep you all to myself forever and ever lol
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I would say "you look like a man. Youre fit. But no thanks"

If her look is manly, I don't want to be a woman anymore.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Dear Jillian,

Please stop wearing your hair in a half pony tail behind your ears- it makes you look like a monkey.
  • babe1373
    Options
    I'm addicted to I'm at moment. Finished 30 day shred with 29 inches lost. Started banish fat boost metabolism yesterday. You kick *kitten* x
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I grown to like Boost Metabolism, some of the circuits are harder than others (depending on your strength level) but it's all cardio and a change from circuit. Sometimes you don't want to do strength.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I never had a knee problem until your videos. Thanks for that.

Oh and I WASN'T tired or thinking of giving up until you said "I know you're tired" and "I know you want to give up" over and over again.
    Them suddenly I thought about turning you off and heading to the bar. I actually had to turn off the sound to get you out of my head and through 30 Day shred

Lastly, I'm super sad that you feel the need to sell weight loss supplements. We both know they're pointless. Not cool.
  • fluffymaggie3
    fluffymaggie3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Her famous statement "If your not puking, or have fainted or dead keep going". got me through through the worst of my fight with breast cancer !! I say Thank You Jillian !!
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you for pushing me when I want to stop. When she talks about feeling uncomfortable and that is where the magic happens...body is getting stronger..body doesn't change by taking it easy...etc. That is very motivating.

On another note...some of the stuff people are posting is just down right horrible. Looking like a man or a monkey...it's no wonder women have issues loving themselves when people make comments like that. :grumble:
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Jillian, my knees are in rough shape because of you. But I can also feel myself becoming stronger. And also, I hate you. :)
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a "beginner" JM DVD still in the shrink-wrap.
    You guys are scaring me!
    :-)
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would say "listening to you annoys the hell out of me and is the main reason I cannot stick with your videos". Maybe I should try doing them on mute. I wonder if they have closed captioning...
  • michelledfoster
    Options
    I would say "you look like a man. Youre fit. But no thanks"

If her look is manly, I don't want to be a woman anymore.

DITTO !!!
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Dear crazy workout lady,
    1. do the damn exercise WITH the girls, dont just walk around.
    2. stop telling the girls they are cheating when you arent looking. what are you paranoid?
    3. i want the 400 lb person doing jumping jacks IN the video thankyouverymuch
    4. shut up and just count or something!!