How are you keeping yourself motivated??

Options
This time around (there have been a few), I'm feeling really determined to get into my healthy weight range.

Just wondering what everyone does to keep themselves motivated?

For me, I have set - up an instagram account to track my journey and view others :)@mummytummy2yummymummy

I've befriended people on here (feel free to add me)...a real support that I never knew existed in the past :)

I've taken starting pics...thinking of taking 4 week progress tonight B)

And I read the motivation board every day :)

Anyone doing anything else to keep them focused on their journey????

Katie <3

Replies

• myfitnessloselbs
    myfitnessloselbs Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have a small running group that is helping me run.. My speed is awful and I am usually last to finish the run but the group is very helpful and accommodating which rarely happens. So this has helped me quiet a bit! And ofcourse MFP motivation forum threads!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I love comics and cosplay. I want to be strong like superman, quick like the flash, smart like batman, determined like robin, and beautiful like Wonder Woman.

When I workout and start to feel tired, I pretend that batman is judging me since I want to become the next robin. So I push through until I'm dripping in sweat.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    What works for me is having a specific goal that I am working toward, that is not actually weight specific. I want to get into the top 15 in National rankings for my sport and to do that I need to be fitter. Losing weight will help and is an added benefit, but is not my main focus. To get to that goal (I am still far from it, but competition season starts in 5 weeks) I found some form of exercise that worked for me. That ended up being MMA-style fitness classes at a local club. I absolutely love going there, even though I know it is going to be hard and I am going to hurt afterwards. Lots of my friends train there and I have made loads of new friends, but regardless, once we are on the mat we all support each other even if one of us is doing double what the other can. Everyone pushes as hard as they can and all encourage each other to do their best. The trainers are really good about pushing you to work hard, but also checking that you are doing the correct technique and helping you to find alternatives if you are injured or unable to do a specific exercise. The factors that help me the most with this group is that you get the support but you are challenged and mostly I love the fact that I don't have to try and work out a balanced training program. I just pitch up for about 3 classes a week (or more if I want) and do what I am told for 45 minutes. I never took measurements, but none of my pants will stay on without belts anymore and I have lost nearly 10kgs this year already. Mostly though, my fitness levels have improved drastically and I am more energised and less hungry (although I can eat more if I want due to how much I burn!). That is just my cross training, my chosen sport (fencing) has a similar vibe at the club with a great bunch of friends who encourage and support me as I do the same for them (in between stabbing each other!)

That is why I suggest finding a specific goal you can work towards and surrounding yourself with like minded people who can encourage you and challenge you.