Down a lot but stuck

Options
So I lost 70 lbs...and have maintained that weight for a year (actually fluctuating 10 lbs up and down). And I'm stuck.

I'm 187 ish this morning (weigh in coming) and I need to get to 135 (ish). I started at 249.6 in August of 2012.

I've done it slowly (averaging .6lbs per week) and enjoying life along the way. However now, I'm not doing anything. Since last year. Same weight. I'm down a few and then I'll go up a few. Swell...I've learned how to maintain. Great! LOL I have 50 ish pounds to go and I need to get there.....

What's weird is that I feel like I have no idea how to lose weight. Yet, I've done it.

I think part of my problem is that I'm not seeing the scale move down quickly enough for me right now. So I'm going to go on an aggressive deficit for a bit (2 weeks at a time and reassess mood, health, weight, etc...). 1200 cals net. I need to see some movement.

So, anyone have any help, motivation, stories to share to help me....I feel a bit lost.

Thanks.

Kristen

Replies

• timmy1948
    timmy1948 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are there other stress factors in your life that may have taken the focus away from your desired result? You have accomplish much. Getting to aggressive may help short term, be careful as this can turn on you. Start the yo-yo effect. Recalibrate your intake carbs, protein and sugars. All the best.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Well done on the progress so far. Now is going to be the time to tighten up on your weighing and logging and work forward from there.

I will presume you were weighing your food before ? if not then then start right now, if you stopped weighing your portions... then now is the time to resume

Stop with the timetable... self defeating for most people, they see a goal and (if) they fail they get upset and go backwards

Again, you have lost 70, that is more than a sack of potatoes.. you can do the rest

good luck

• kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOL it is self defeating for sure. I weigh everything I eat yes.....always have. I have had some stressors lately....husband isn't well....oldest going off to college. All fun stuff, really. I just feel like I need to see some aggressive movement for a while and then I'll be ok.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You do realise that after achieving your wonderful result so far, that you aren't going to lose 6lb a week any more? You need to reset your expectations. Set reasonable goals..about 1lb to 2lb per week for the short term, and as you lose a little more weight 1lb per week, any more than that is a bonus.

Just take each day at a time, plan ahead for meals and snacks, weigh and measure everything, get in at least some moderate exercise, drink plenty of water.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    OH...LOL That's not 6 pounds....it's POINT 6....as in 1/2 a lb.

I've never lost 1 or 2 lbs a week regularly. I'd love to lose 1 a week. That would be a gift.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Have you recalc'd your BMR?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Have you recalc'd your BMR?

This is the first thing I thought of after reading your post. It sounds like you would benefit from cutting 250 calories from your goal and see how that goes. No reason to drop to 1200 just because. You can take it slower and better figure out your true calorie needs by slowing dropping your goal until you start losing again.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Depends on the calculator....but lowest was 1505 I've been doing 1650 with one day higher. I never lost 1-2 lbs a week and I'd like to. I know I can maintain. I know I'm not going back to willie nillie eating. I just want the deficit phase to be over...I have some muscle to build.