Logging exercise

Options
Hi, I recently came back to MFP. I run on a daily basis and use "runkeeper" on my phone to track distance, time and calories the log into mfp and log it. I noticed I can not link that with MFP does anyone use the mapmyrun? Also, I recently started to wear the Fitbit Flex band..... should I take that off when I go running and use the mapmyrun information and put the band back on when I get back or use both? Wont one take away from the other?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I never had any issues connecting Runkeeper to MFP.

But the best thing to do would be to connect Runkeeper to your Fitbit, and then Fitbit to MFP. That way you get credit for the steps and your calories burned without needing to log anything.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyfitness and a jawbone. Both sync'd to MFP as I want to keep track of workouts...

I change the mapmyfitness entries to 1 calorie and let my activity tracker information stay.
  • danyleewell
    danyleewell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How did you link runkeeper to your fitbit? I cant figure out how?
  • danyleewell
    danyleewell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok got it now all three are linked do I have to take of my flex band while running?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Leave your Fitbit on.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ok got it now all three are linked do I have to take of my flex band while running?

Leave it on to get your steps!