tired of myself

Hey, my names miranda. Im 20 years old. I use to be so skinny. Thay people thought i was sick although i wasn't. The past 3 years i have gained 100 pounds and now im trying to get atleast 70 off. Ive already lost some. The battle continues.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    why do you think you gained? stress, bad habits, harmone change? Count those calories you will get it off.
  • mirandarose311
    mirandarose311 Posts: 4 Member
    I was engaged and he never wanted to eat at home, we were constantly eating fast food. Stress was probablt some of it.
  • wanabcutenskinny
    wanabcutenskinny Posts: 1 Member
    hey, I'm in your same position. in the past 6 years I've also gained 100 pounds. i used to be super thin! i know your frustration. i also am wanting to lose weight. about 65 pounds. its really hard thought to stay motivated.
  • Clare680
    Clare680 Posts: 4 Member
    I've put on 25; same thing -- boyfriend who is a gourmand, and I stopped being sensible. Log the input, increase the exercise. We can do this !
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    I was always the skinny one in my family. Growing up, I didn't worry about what would happen if I ate what ever I wanted. Even as a young adult I didn't care. Now that I'm in my 30's, I do care and wish I had been more careful back then and watched what I ate and exercised. I went from 275lbs down to 215lb over the last couple of years and can't wait to see onderland.
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Hi Miranda. You're taking a good chance here with MFP. If you're committed, log daily, read, learn, you will get results. One step at a time! and set a long term goal, not a fast one, or only "drop weight" goals. Learn to live healthier, and the results will come.

Welcome!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Reword: be tired of the struggle, then get back at it. Don't be tired of yourself. You are more than just a body.
  • mirandarose311
    mirandarose311 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. We CAN do this, ALL of us!!