How many cups of brown rice a day?

Options
sherrimaer
sherrimaer Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm trying to lose weight and I decided to switch to brown rice instead of eating ½c of white rice per day. How many cups of brown rice should I eat if I want to lose weight? or should I not eat rice at all?

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    the rice brands that I buy, the brown rice is about 10 calories more per 1/4 C dry. so I would eat a bit less brown rice than I would white rice to stay within my calorie deficit.
  • sherrimaer
    sherrimaer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    the rice brands that I buy, the brown rice is about 10 calories more per 1/4 C dry. so I would eat a bit less brown rice than I would white rice to stay within my calorie deficit.
    thanks. but, should I eat brown rice every single meal?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    however much fits your macros. In other words don't eat too much that you can't hit your protein or fat goals.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Eat what you want as long as it fits into your calories. I'm assuming you're from a region where rice is a staple. Make sure you're still able to get in the rest of your nutrients (fat/protein/micros) as well.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    lol, why would you want to do that??
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    sherrimaer wrote: »

If you want to?
    There is nothing special about brown rice, it just has more fibre than white. It is fairly calorie dense though. If you love it and it fits in your calories, eat it, but eating it with every meal won't help you lose weight if you eat too many calories.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    sorry, dup.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    sherrimaer wrote: »

Eat however much brown rice you want as long as it fits in your calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You have to eat precisely 3.14159265359 of brown rice per day to lose weight. I think that's the number. I remember it for some reason...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You have to eat precisely 3.14159265359 of brown rice per day to lose weight. I think that's the number. I remember it for some reason...

Rice pie? Sounds...interesting.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    There's no magical number for weight loss. Its all about how many calories you are taking in.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Great, now I want pie :p
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

What happens if you eat 3.14159265358 cups?

a siamese kitten dies...
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Rice pie? Sounds...interesting.

I've been meaning to try making a rice pie...seriously!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Brown rice isn't going to help any more than white rice

I eat a fair amount of basmati, I measure out 100g to go with vegetable stew or similar, I also eat risotto rice (arborio) because I like butternut squash risotto

The question is not how much rice you should eat but are you meeting your calorie defecit

Also don't measure in cups,weigh in grammes
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

This made me smile. Love it...Rice Pi!

• freqzinbigd
    freqzinbigd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

What happens if you eat 3.14159265358 cups?

Starvation mode, sheesh.