HELP - not sure if this is right but sometimes my snack calories exceed my lunch calories

Options
More often than not my snack calories tend to exceed my lunch calories. I usually have salad for lunch consisting of lettuce, spinach, celery, sweetcorn and a boiled egg with 1/2 and avocado or some cottage cheese. My snacks tend to be 6-8 almonds and a piece of fruit or some dried fruit mid morning, a yoghurt in the afternoon or sometimes 1/2 an avocado and a boiled egg. Is this ok or should I be having more for breakfast / lunch to reduce my snacking calories?

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I have a friend whose snack calories are over 1000 and lunch around 400 and he's under most days for his calorie allotment. As long as you're not going over your daily calorie allowance, it's fine.
  • Portly_Priest_no_more
    Options
    I agree with wolfsbayne... maybe start calling your snack your breakfast or lunch and your breakfast or lunch can be called your snack, if you must. It normally doesn't matter what "meal" your having, as long as you stay under the daily limit. Of course that said, you might not want a really large snack very late in the evening, for your sleep's sake.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Who cares? As long as you're staying at your daily deficit, your body isn't going to know the names of the meals you eat. It makes no difference.