Exercise database

Options
mmghanna1
mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
I'm having trouble with the exercise database. I go to the MFP website. I click on 'Exercise' then 'Database.' Where it says 'Choose an exercise below' I pick squat. The box says 'How Many Kilojoules did I burn?' I put in how many minutes I did but nothing happens. It just says Kilojoules burned: 0 no matter how many minutes I put in. I've tried other exercises but it still says 0.

In addition, when I search for exercises it usually comes up with no results. Squat doesn't come up when I search, even though it's on the list. I don't know what to do.

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Squat is listed under the strength training section. It sounds like you may be trying to log it under cardio. Strength training doesn't usually give you a calorie burn because it is very difficult to accurately calculate the burn.
  • mmghanna1
    Options
    Thank you. I was trying to log it under cardio. I'm not using any weights - it may be foolish but I thought you had to use weights to log it under strength training. I'm just doing plie's.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    mmghanna1 wrote: »
    Thank you. I was trying to log it under cardio. I'm not using any weights - it may be foolish but I thought you had to use weights to log it under strength training. I'm just doing plie's.

To log it under cardio you have to search for "Calisthenics" or "Strength Training". If you try to search for say squats, it will log them in the Strength section of the diary and you won't get calories for them.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    mmghanna1 wrote: »

You're welcome. You may not be doing added weight, but you're still using body weight :)

You can skip the part where it asks how much weight you used.
  • mmghanna1
    Options
    Thanks for your responses guys.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    On the Web version, EXERCISE > Database will only provide a drop down list of available Cardiovascular and Strength Training activities listed in alphabetical order and a search box. When you highlight an exercise, you can check how many estimated kcals or kjoules burned per minute would be added to your Exercise Diary when logged.
    On the Web version, you must go to EXERCISE > Exercise Diary to search for then log the activity to a specific date.