Easy low cal pasta dish.

Options
br3adman
br3adman Posts: 284 Member
I love pasta so I'll share one dish I make. Chopped peeled tomatoes,garlic,salt,pepper,basil and oil. I add about 2 teaspoons of olive or sunflower oil then 5 to 8 cloves of garlic let it get toasty 30 secs then toss in tomatos salt pepper and basil. I use whole wheat pasta but you can use zucchini. Combine and serve.

Replies

• br3adman
    Options
    1 more pesto pasta. Combine in food processor or chopper a few walnuts or any nut fresh bundle of parsley salt pepper olive oil breadcrumbs lemon juice. Some people add cheese but I don't. Coat any pasta with it and top with a poached egg.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I eat something like your first recipe often, only I add shrimp and feta cheese. It's delicious!
  • br3adman
    Options
    I eat something like your first recipe often, only I add shrimp and feta cheese. It's delicious!
    I haven't thought of adding shrimp they are only 5 calories each also :)

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Sounds good mate. I always mix Pesto (green or red) through pasta instead of thick, rich sauces (I used to use Dolmio ready made). Another good low cal pasta meal is: Pasta, tin of Tuna, low fat mayonnaise and sweetcorn. A good sauce of carbs, protein etc for fairly low cals. Just measure your pasta servings.