Hi y'all! 27 year old mom with 135+ pounds to lose!

Options
Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'm starting at 285 with a goal of 150-165. I have two young children who keep me pretty busy.

I'm divorced and their dad lives out of state. My children just left for the summer and will not be back until the beginning of August. While I am absolutely devastated and feel dead on the inside, a small part of me is excited to be able to focus on my health and lose the weight.

I'm striving to eat 85% clean and workout out 6 days a week. With all of this newfound "free" time on my hands, I am hoping that I will no burn out so quickly.

I'm hoping to drop at least 10-15 pounds by the middle of July because my BF and I are going on a small vacation together to Pigeon Forge, TN. We love Dollywood. Last year, I had to do the walk of shame at one of the roller coasters..I didn't fit inside of the harness. I had been on it earlier in the day (and previous visits) and after a big lunch, I couldn't suck it in enough :(

It was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life.

Please add me :)

Replies

• psychonurse00
    psychonurse00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you ever contemplated weight loss surgery? I weighed 265 last April and was miserable. I had high blood pressure and diabetes all from being overweight. I had gastric bypass Aprril 30 2014 and since have lost 128 pounds. I dont regret it 1 minute!
  • maddisonleelynn
    maddisonleelynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I am in the exact same boat as you! Currently weight 270 and my GW is around 155-165.
    I have a 3 month old little girl so it's hard to find the energy to want to work out while she is sleeping!
    Working on eating clean and taking the time to meal prep instead of grabbing something quick to eat.
    Can't wait to see your progress!
  • martellwebster
    martellwebster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get it girl. Start slow and build your way up. Even.if that mean for a week you go on a 30min walk everyday. Humbling yourself is the only way to overcome obstacles.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Get it girl. Start slow and build your way up. Even.if that mean for a week you go on a 30min walk everyday. Humbling yourself is the only way to overcome obstacles.

Well said Martell.

Shanna, you'll never know how far you can go if you never challenge yourself to take the first step. Stay away from fads and gimmicks, and start moving. There are no secrets to losing weight. You just need to make up your mind that you've had enough! God bless you on your journey.

• SteRobinson77
    SteRobinson77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started at 280 last week and ive lost 7lbs after 7 days! Add me, im a parent of one, i live with my gf who is also dieting, slimming world though not this app. I have advice and tips, i used to be fit, used to box, play rugby and football. All of you add me and lets do this together
  • am0329
    am0329 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat! Small steps though, I started the couch to 5k today as well, good luck cx
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat also. 23 years old w/ a 11 month old daughter. I've been on a diet since april 29th and i've lost 17 pounds last i weighed in. I started at 326 and I wanna get to 180.
  • dixiebellle
    dixiebellle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm new to MFP! Like you guys, I have struggled with my weight (my entire life) and I'm ready to finally put it all behind me. I have lost 30-50 lbs in the past, but was never successful at keeping it off. My first goal is to reach losing 100lbs! I hope I get to meet some of you guys and encourage you on your journeys as well! :)
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I love that you mentioned the roller coasters. I had started using MFP 2 years ago and was determined to become tiny enough to never have to worry about certain things (one of those things being having a hard time at amusement parks). I was successful and lost about 100 pounds in a year. Then life happened and I found myself slowly gaining back the weight. After beating myself up for a while, I am finally ready to do this again. The only different between this time and last time? I'm determined to create a lifestyle that is actually going to help keep the weight off and allow me to never ever have to go through the walk of shame for any roller coaster :p. Feel free to add me!
  • Shanna_Elaine
    Shanna_Elaine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all! Thanks for all of the amazing responses and well wishes!