Bodymedia (Ki Fit)

Options
Looking for help from those who have a body media device. I'd like to link it to MFP but need to know if I should change any settings such as my activity level?

Replies

• FountainofKnowledge
    Options
    Are you talking about your MFP settings or your BodyMedia (KiFit) settings? All you need to do is log into your Ki Fit activity manager and connect your MFP account through the app gallery. Ki customer services will be able to help if you have any problems.
  • madasanatter
    madasanatter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was talking about my MFP settings
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I have a body media Link. I haven't changed my mfp settings, but the calorie adjustment that shows in mfp (assuming you link the accounts) is what the armband records minus whatever mfp believes you burn in day to day activity. It's a bit confusing at first. If random calorie adjustments showing up in your mfp will be confusing, then change your mfp activity setting so mfp thinks you burn roughly the number of calories your armband says you burn. Or ignore all of the exercise calories stuff on mfp and just use bodymedia to determine your deficit.
  • madasanatter
    madasanatter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a body media Link. I haven't changed my mfp settings, but the calorie adjustment that shows in mfp (assuming you link the accounts) is what the armband records minus whatever mfp believes you burn in day to day activity. It's a bit confusing at first. If random calorie adjustments showing up in your mfp will be confusing, then change your mfp activity setting so mfp thinks you burn roughly the number of calories your armband says you burn. Or ignore all of the exercise calories stuff on mfp and just use bodymedia to determine your deficit.

My bodymedia says I have used 2650 calories today, MFP has adjusted these to be 573 exercise calories. I'm currently sat with 584 calories remaining. (Consumed 1389 from food/drink). Does this sound ok?
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Sounds reasonable. I've had my bodymedia for a month. One thing I've noticed is that if I upload my info early in the day, the "estimation" that the BMF activity manager comes up with for how much I"m going to burn for the rest of the day is always way high. Especially if I exercise early in the day. That number is then imported to MFP and MFP adjusts my calories, but as the day goes on, the estimation changes (and gets closer to reality). Point is that I usually just eat any extra calories that MFP says I should have the next day. That way there is no estimation going on as it had the full days worth of data. Or just take your deficit off what the BMF says and don't worry about MFP number at all. Hope this made sense, I"m in a rush :o.