Coming back after a long hiatus

Options
nekosimba
nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
So I hopped on the scale this morning and cried. I haven't stepped foot on it for almost a year, and when I saw 270.2 lbs I cried. How could I have let myself get back up to that weight??

I've never been thin...and I'm ok with not being thin....I'll never be a size 6 or 10...I just want to be healthy. And I can physically feel that I'm not healthy.

So how do I go about getting back on track? I go through spurts where I do meal plans and exercise...but after a week, sometimes two, I fall off track again. I get frustrated by not seeing results. I know it's not a quick fix, and it's something I need to change...but to be honest, I'm lazy. I like eating my fast food and watching Netflix all evening. Then I look at myself in the mirror and cry.

I know my husband loves me for who I am. And I love myself. Fat doesn't make me a bad person, just unhealthy.

Things that worked for me before:
- Having a workout buddy (but I moved and we fought and broke up)
- Planning meals a week in advance
- Working out after work (I have a Curves membership and haven't used it...I come up with excuses how I need to get home to make supper or I'm tired from work)
- Zumba (I love Zumba...I stopped because my ex-best friend/workout buddy taught it and I had a tough time with that. I would like to go back to it though)

If anyone has any suggestions, or would like to be an accountability partner to me, I'm more thatn willing to be friends and listen.

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Sending you an add! :) Welcome back. I am back for the second time too. I am trying zumba at home a bit. Your work for me list sound a lot like mine.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I think the biggest thing for me after several "attempts" was to just make a decision to be fit. No excuses, no cheating, no fudging. It's not an easy decision, but it was the one that made everything else work.
  • SheriM120
    SheriM120 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also back for a second time after gaining back the 53 lbs i lost + an extra 10. I am on day 5, the first 2 days were tough and i was always feeling hungry but the last 2 days have been a little better. trying to go to the gym 5 days a week and just back to meal planning and prepping I did it before, i know i can do it again! Best of luck!
  • Jennypoo76
    Jennypoo76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm back as well after a break. I'm trying to get a little healthier as well. I've never been small either. I have dropped a pants size and was feeling pretty good until I stepped on the scale for the first time in six months. I cried, I'd actually gained weight instead of loosing and weigh now what I did at 9 months pregnant about to deliver almost five years ago. My husband actually likes me with meat on my bones, and I'm not skinny or will I ever be I just don't want to have high blood pressure and was heading that way a year ago when I decided to take this journey. I'd only lost 15 pounds and was down a pants size.

I don't have a gym membership but I do have a few walking buddies at work. We walk one to two times a day for 15 minutes. If we are close to a mile, we will finish it out. I track my steps with an app on my phone and have two friends I grew up with to challenge for the most steps within a week. My goal is 8,000 steps a day for now and I'm looking to move it to 10,000 by July or August. I live in Florida so it's going to get real hot real quick and I may have to figure out how to walk indoors. I've considered bringing my husband's old exercise bike from his parent's house to our house if they aren't using it so I can use it at night. I do have a bicycle but I tried riding it and I don't have the air capacity or the leg strength to go very far yet. My goal is to increase both so I can keep up with my husband and kids in New York on vacation this summer. I've never tried Zumba, although the dance studio my girls attend did have a class.

Meals are hard for me since I don't have anywhere to store homemade meals from home or frozen meals (which I really don't like) to eat for breakfast and lunch at work. I often will stop for breakfast or eat dry cereal. I'm anemic so I have to keep up my iron intake. Because of my schedule, my mother often cooks dinner for us.

Either of you can add me if you want. I have about 40-60 pounds to loose.
  • NuMeTwenty13
    NuMeTwenty13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first blog post ever. I joined MFP at the end of 2012. I weigh more now than then. I can relate to you all. I'm at my 9 month pregnant weight now too, and my 3rd child is 4 in a few months. I do Zumba once a week and sometimes twice. I really love it. My weakness is chocolate. I only have one friend on MFP. Would love more.

I can do 10,000 steps a day a few days a week as I'm always moving about, but then I eat it back and then some with big sized meals and lots of chocolate.

I agree with you Streamgirl. My thought exactly. I have 3 kids 8 and under. I want to live long and I'm too overweight. I live in Australia. I'd love to lose 15 kilos (33 pounds).

If you'd like to add me as a friend that would be awesome. Thanks for reading... Let's do this!!

• chgries573
    chgries573 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am
    On my 1000th time coming back-
    At least we are coming back right?!?! The more supprt the better! Please add me
    And we can coach eachother throughout the journey!