Vanity Pounds

Options
lamommy13
lamommy13 Posts: 23 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I reached a weight I was comfortable with and started eating to "maintenance" for a few months and ended up putting on ~5lbs. I want them gone.

About 2 weeks ago, I started trying to eat ~300 below maintenance and started exercising about 2 days a week to get the weight gain under control. I don't eat back the exercise calories since it's not much, difficult to track, and I am already so close to my goal that a being off a little makes a huge difference.

Since I cut back on calories, I am RAVENOUS. Not like a little hungry. I am unreasonably hungry. I will stick to my restricted calorie allotment for 2-3 days and then eat all of the things. I want sugar and more sugar. I think I ate double my allotted calorie amount yesterday. I am very frustrated. I am vegetarian and eat very healthy generally. I make sure to get enough protein even though I mostly eat a plant-based diet. I am not really into carbs except dessert occasionally. :smile:

For this week, I have decided to eat when I want to get things back on track. I am wondering what has worked for people who aren't "overweight" according to the guidelines but are trying to shave off the last 5lbs. I want to figure out how to go forward next week.

Replies

• EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    lamommy13 wrote: »
    I am not really into carbs except dessert occasionally. :smile: .

• lamommy13
    Options
    5'4", 114 lbs, very small boned with not much muscle naturally so don't be too alarmed at the weight.
    Maintenance = 1411 according to Scooby's Workshop estimates.
    Goal = 1,150 set by me.
  • lamommy13
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    5'4", 114 lbs, very small boned with not much muscle naturally so don't be too alarmed at the weight.
    Goal = 1,150 set by me.

Yea, sorry but the fact that you had to go out of your way to mention small bones and for us to not be alarmed says you already know you shouldn't be losing weight. Next time include that information from the beginning. It was pretty obvious what was going on here and that's why I asked.

Well sounds like you should have just moved to the next post instead of wasting both of our time.
  • lamommy13
    Options
    Goal = 1,150 set by me.

Yea, sorry but the fact that you had to go out of your way to mention small bones and for us to not be alarmed says you already know you shouldn't be losing weight. Next time include that information from the beginning. It was pretty obvious what was going on here and that's why I asked.

Well sounds like you should have just moved to the next post instead of wasting both of our time.
    No, you should not try and get people on this site to support you being under weight.

No one "is trying to get" you behind anything. I don't need you to validate my goals.
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    1150 calories is not enough, neither is 99lbs for someone who is 5'4"... I'm with MrM27 on this one. Sorry!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Goal = 1,150 set by me.

No, you should not try and get people on this site to support you being under weight.

No one "is trying to get" you behind anything. I don't need you to validate my goals.

You are asking the members to help you get there tho.

• lamommy13
    Options
    What I asked was if you have successfully done what I am attempting to do, you can share your experience. I am not asking that you approve. If you don't, move on. It's super easy.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Is it the number you want lower or are you unhappy with the way you look? 114 is fairly low for 5'4. If you have very little muscle, I'd work on that. I'd go back to maintenance, or perhaps just under it, cut back cardio a tad and focus on a good weight training program to gain some muscle.
  • lamommy13
    Options
    JenMc14 wrote: »
    Is it the number you want lower or are you unhappy with the way you look? 114 is fairly low for 5'4. If you have very little muscle, I'd work on that. I'd go back to maintenance, or perhaps just under it, cut back cardio a tad and focus on a good weight training program to gain some muscle.

That's mostly it. It seems like I can't get my body fat down. I still have a flabby belly. I have recently started lifting to see if that would help.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

That's mostly it. It seems like I can't get my body fat down. I still have a flabby belly. I have recently started lifting to see if that would help.

Lifting wont help unless you're eating.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

It would be really difficult to have a flabby belly at 114lbs, and 5'4".

Have you looked into your posture?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're vegetarian but don't eat carbs... So what do you eat?
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Obviously a 300 calorie deficit is more than you can handle. Be less aggressive. Go with a smaller deficit, like 150. It's difficult to lose those last five pounds. Settle for 1-2 pounds a month. Focus more on how your clothes fit than what the scale says.

And is your goal 109 or 99 pounds? You said 5 pounds, but others are talking about you being under weight and wanting to reach 99 pounds. 109 pounds at 5'4" is not under weight, although it is rather lean and may be too little for some people, but 99 pounds would definitely be under weight.
  • lamommy13
    Options

Lifting wont help unless you're eating.

Eating plenty. I tend to make up for whatever restricting I have done every 2-3 days. For example, I probably had ~2,100 calories yesterday after a couple of days at ~1,200. I have to figure out a level that will allow me to build muscle without continuing to gain fat.