Holiday weekend success!

Options
jaga13
jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
I was away for the long weekend, and I was worried about how staying at someone else's house in "vaca" mode would affect my workouts (and eating). I got some great suggestions from this community last week, and I feel great about how it all turned out. Here are some things that helped me, and maybe will help some of you, too:

Before we hit the road Friday morning, I made sure to get in a lot of extra steps (about 4500). Then we arrived at the beach and took the kids to the boardwalk. Got in about another mile of walking.

Saturday I took my youngest for a walk in her stroller in the neighborhood.

I noticed that two other couples weren't embarrased to take time for themselves; one couple went for a run together (without their kids) and the other went to play tennis together. My kids are still really young, but I realized there's no reason I can't tell my husband that I am going for a walk or run and leave the kids behind for a reasonable amount of time...so on Sunday I did exactly that. Ran a couple miles in the neighborhood. I'm a treadmill runner, but I actually enjoyed running outside with the breeze. It felt great.

Monday we went home and I took the kids shopping and did a mile of walking just running errands. Then I took them for a walk at home and added another mile.

And in general I stayed up on my feet a lot the whole weekend. I was in and out of the house and up and down the stairs for everything and anything, and added lots of activity to each day that way.

Thank you to all who gave me ideas!

Replies