as promised, my kick your own *kitten* workout from today

Options
I burned 270cals in 35-40ish min (not including cool down) ;) I had to stop a few times to tend to kiddos. You will probably recognize many of the moves from other workouts, I took all my most hated favs from the many workouts I've done to sort of compile them in to one kick *kitten* lower body workout. ;) I tried to do everything in either 30 sec or 1 min.

Round 1:
Switch kicks 45
Sissy squats 40
Power jacks 25
Bridge lift 50
Power knees 35
Hami lift (reverse plank) 50
Globe jumps 8
Dead lifts 35
Push up jacks 12
Side kicks 25
Low plank oblique (elbow to same knees) 20

Round 2:

Switch kicks 45
Sissy squats 40
Power jacks 25
Bridge lift 50
Power knees 30
Hami lift 50
Mt. climbers 30 sec
Dead lifts 30
One arm Super man push ups 15
Butt kicks 30sec
Oblique twist 25

Round 3

10 high knees drop to push up= 1 rep 6reps
Sumo squats 60
Jumping lunges 25

10 high knees drop to push up 6 reps
Sumo squats 40
Jumping lunges 15

Cool down stretching

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    yowza! I don't think I could do all that in an HOUR never mind 40 minutes!!! Heck, I don't think I could do all that if I spread it throughout the day!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    LOL yeah, my legs feel like jello. :happy:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I just got home from the gym but I felt like doing more I just didn't think I had time cause I had to go to the store... BUT... I have to go somewhere in 45 minutes so this is perfect, thanks girl!

~Leash :heart:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options
    ohh wow, my legs are so sore today. :laugh: I think I'll keep this one in my rotation. If anyone tried it can you let me know how you liked it?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    ohh wow, my legs are so sore today. :laugh: I think I'll keep this one in my rotation. If anyone tried it can you let me know how you liked it?

Well I attempted to do the workout but since I have an injury from running I couldn't do all of the moves, too high impact for me.. but I am looking forward to doing it completely when I'm healed, I saved it in my comp... thanks again.

~Leash :heart:
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Can you explain how to do some of those?
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options
    Can you explain how to do some of those?

Sure which ones? I may not have the names correct.
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    The switch kicks and the sissy squats. I've heard of switch kicks, but can'r remember what they look like. Never heard of sissy squats..

By the way, how did you log this?
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options
    The switch kicks and the sissy squats. I've heard of switch kicks, but can'r remember what they look like. Never heard of sissy squats..

By the way, how did you log this?

switch kicks are front kicks alternating your legs,

http://www.ehow.com/video_2353607_do-switch-kick-kickboxing.html

sissy squats (the kind I do) are a forward squat with your heels on your weights. You drop your bottom parallel with the floor (if you can). Like all squats watch your knee alignment. You will feel this in the hami and butt. I'll see if I can find a video link some where. :)

I found a video, but he does it with out the weights under his heels, and goes much lower. I'm just not that gnarley! :laugh:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnR26R1H4c