fighting the grande bulge!!

Options
Jen5366mfp
Jen5366mfp Posts: 16 Member
Hi, so ive started using my fitness pal to track calories!! Trying to reduce my intake to 1500.
Ive tried all the diets,going weight watchers slimming world, cambridge etc etc.......
I know what it comes down to is, how much I put in my mouth!!
But why o why is it so hard??
Im a shift worker, im lazy, I hate preparing food, I like to grab on the go, I have a very active life, im just *kitten* at making good choices around food!!
Up until my early 20's I could pretty much eat what I wanted never put on a pound then, just hit my 30th birthday and ive hit 16st, it had to stop and has to stop now!!
Im hoping to lose around 4st ........so let the journey begin!!!

Replies

• johnjay1178
    johnjay1178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started at 1500 calories for the first three months I dieted. I pretty much had to walk an hour a day just to get the additional 300 calories I could consume. Down around 35 lbs at this point and I've been incorporating 100 extra calories a week to get to my maintenance calorie intake by second week in June.
  • Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start! Well done for admitting you have a problem with food quantity, I have the same thing - I can eat anything and everything, I just don't have a "full up" switch!
    This app is so good for the following reasons:
    You're not on a diet - this is how non fat people eat - ie not overeating
    You see what a normal portion is - ie not a whole cake, not 4 bags of crisps
    You have to be honest to yourself - you are here because you want to change for good this time - don't trick yourself into lying about what you eat or drink and it will work!

Find the foods you like that don't make you feel like you are going without! Today I ate well for under 1300 cals and had plenty of energy for an hours walk.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey! I have lost nearly 2 stone and have 3 more to go..... We can do it!!!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

If you really want it, stop making excuses like "I'm lazy" and find a way to make it work. It doesn't have to be all at once. Have an explicit goal in place (which I see you put a scale/weight goal, good job!) Make small changes that stick over time that will help you reach that specific goal. MFP helps because you can see which areas need improvement. For example, I wanted to "tone" (or rather show some muscle definition). I started by finding my calorie goal for a moderate deficit. Then, I learned that I needed to eat more protein (1g per LBM). Then, I found out that lifting would get me the results I wanted, and so on.
  • PaxAeternus
    PaxAeternus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know the pain. I am constantly hungry no matter the size of the meal I just ate. need something low Cal that is filling to get me off my compulsive eating routine.
  • murderonthenile
    murderonthenile Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am the worst with not eating out. I totally understand the on the go, too busy to pack anything life! The important thing is to make time for what's important. Wishing you luck! You can do this.
  • Jen5366mfp
    Jen5366mfp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Omg thanks for all the support guys!!