Addicted to Iced coffee's,anybody have any healthy Alternatives

kevins_world3
kevins_world3 Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
I have a bad habit drinking iced coffee's from dunkin donuts ,if anybody has any healthy alternatives i would love to hear them..thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I blend coffee shots, stevia, a little raw cacao and vanilla protein with cold water and ice.... Delish!
  • kevins_world3
    I blend coffee shots, stevia, a little raw cacao and vanilla protein with cold water and ice.... Delish!

sounds good,going to have to try that....thanks for sharing
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    I'm not real familiar with dunkin donuts iced coffee since we don't have them here but I get iced coffee at starbucks. Usually a venti with their classic sweetener (simple syrup) and some cream. You can definitely get it with nonfat milk though (there at least...)

I know when I get it with nonfat its under 100 cals...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I use brewed coffee
    Torani Sugar Free Syrup
    Almond Milk/Coconut Milk
    Ice

;)

http://shop.torani.com/Sugar-Free-Syrups/c/Torani@SugarFreeSyrups
  • kevins_world3
    I'm not real familiar with dunkin donuts iced coffee since we don't have them here but I get iced coffee at starbucks. Usually a venti with their classic sweetener (simple syrup) and some cream. You can definitely get it with nonfat milk though (there at least...)

I know when I get it with nonfat its under 100 cals...

that is pretty good for under 100 calories..
  • abetterluke
    My bad I looked it up and its like 160 cals with nonfat milk and the classic syrup. I think what I was thinking before was without the classic syrup. If you can do it without the syrup though that's not a bad way to go.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    I've never been an iced coffee fan. That is, until several months ago (just before starting this journey), when I found cold brew. Now I'm hooked. Cold brew is much, much better than iced coffee, and without the syrups. I don't know what the availability of this stuff is outside of my local region, but if you can find it, try a bottle of Stumptown's Original Cold Brew.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    I just put some almond milk into ice cube molds in the freezer to start having iced coffee at home. Another thing I've done in the past is, Brew coffee at night, put in the fridge (on a hot pad) and it'll be cold in the morning. OR Cold brew coffee. Add coffee grounds to water, and let steep all night in the fridge, strain when serving! It produces a less bitter taste since it never gets hot.
    I use splenda and natural vanilla extract! Mmmm and cheap! Unsweetened Almond milk is 30cal per cup!
  • abetterluke
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    I've never been an iced coffee fan. That is, until several months ago (just before starting this journey), when I found cold brew. Now I'm hooked. Cold brew is much, much better than iced coffee, and without the syrups. I don't know what the availability of this stuff is outside of my local region, but if you can find it, try a bottle of Stumptown's Original Cold Brew.

You can get stumptown here in seattle now but I don't know about other parts of the country. Stumptown cold brew is good though.
  • kevins_world3
    My bad I looked it up and its like 160 cals with nonfat milk and the classic syrup. I think what I was thinking before was without the classic syrup. If you can do it without the syrup though that's not a bad way to go.

still better then the 200 cals. for just a medium regular iced coffee at D.D.
  • abetterluke
    kbairos3 wrote: »

Exactly. What's in the iced coffee at DD taht makes it so high though? 200 cals for a medium seems like so much...
  • kevins_world3
    jaqcan wrote: »
    I just put some almond milk into ice cube molds in the freezer to start having iced coffee at home. Another thing I've done in the past is, Brew coffee at night, put in the fridge (on a hot pad) and it'll be cold in the morning. OR Cold brew coffee. Add coffee grounds to water, and let steep all night in the fridge, strain when serving! It produces a less bitter taste since it never gets hot.
    I use splenda and natural vanilla extract! Mmmm and cheap! Unsweetened Almond milk is 30cal per cup!

that's a good idea i love almond milk..thanks for sharing
  • kevins_world3

Exactly. What's in the iced coffee at DD taht makes it so high though? 200 cals for a medium seems like so much...

almost 30 gram's of sugar ,and cream...lol nothing good
  • DaveAkeman

You can get stumptown here in seattle now but I don't know about other parts of the country. Stumptown cold brew is good though.

Stumptown's website (what I linked to) says it's available in retailers across the country. I don't know HOW MANY retailers, though. I would really suggest calling them . . . the stuff is THAT GOOD!
  • abetterluke

Stumptown's website (what I linked to) says it's available in retailers across the country. I don't know HOW MANY retailers, though. I would really suggest calling them . . . the stuff is THAT GOOD!

Well if it helps the others around here they have it at Safeway (which in other states is Vons and Ralphs I think)...so it's worth checking for there. At mine its on a refrigerated end-cap with the bottled kombucha and stuff.
  • abetterluke

almost 30 gram's of sugar ,and cream...lol nothing good

Can you ask them for 1/2 the flavoring and nonfat milk?
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Glad you posted this, I am addicted to it too! Although I just drink International Delight Iced Mocha from from fridge section. Even the light version is bad. But it is sooooo good!
  • DaveAkeman

Well if it helps the others around here they have it at Safeway (which in other states is Vons and Ralphs I think)...so it's worth checking for there. At mine its on a refrigerated end-cap with the bottled kombucha and stuff.

Might I suggest just making the trip to Portland and picking up a growler at the brewery? (That's where I discovered it . . . on a hot day, walking through the neighborhood, and my walking partners wanted to stop into the brewery for coffee, because in the NW we drink coffee even on hot days . . .)
  • abetterluke

Might I suggest just making the trip to Portland and picking up a growler at the brewery? (That's where I discovered it . . . on a hot day, walking through the neighborhood, and my walking partners wanted to stop into the brewery for coffee, because in the NW we drink coffee even on hot days . . .)

That's actually where I tried it for the first time too. Stumptown in Portland...can't remember what the part of town is called. Pearl district? Is there a stumptown there?

My wife and I get down to Portland at least once per year usually and I always make a point to stop at a few places (stumptown, voodoo, rogue, etc...)
  • kevins_world3

just checked out the website,looks good