Day 1 of 30 day shred!

Heydew
Heydew Posts: 54 Member
oh man....anyone else doing the Jillian Michael 30 day shred? It's free on YouTube. Holy crap it was hard. I could barely make it up the steps to lie down afterwards! Please say it gets easier!

Replies

• jessicabuckingham
    jessicabuckingham Posts: 5 Member
    I'm starting today... :(
  • Heydew
    I'm super tired today but not crazy sore or anything! When did jumping jacks get so hard!
  • sjrutherf
    sjrutherf Posts: 27 Member
    I am excited to hear that it is available on YouTube! I ordered it from the library and have been waiting to start. Maybe I can start tonight now that I know!
  • Heydew
    I think there is a meal plan that comes with the actual dvd and that's the only difference. But I feel like as long as I'm trying to eat "cleaner" and stay under my calories I will still get some good results
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Nope. I've tried the program a few times, but I never finished it. I personally found the workouts too redundant, and I got bored doing the same thing every day for a week. Each tier is equally as good at making you question why you did that to yourself. Definitely a good cardio workout, but definitely not easy by any means.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Heydew wrote: »
    I think there is a meal plan that comes with the actual dvd and that's the only difference. But I feel like as long as I'm trying to eat "cleaner" and stay under my calories I will still get some good results

No need to eat "clean". Just need to be in a deficit.
  • Swackies
    Swackies Posts: 2 Member
    Hi ! Im starting today! Ive done it before but never completed it and in that time I did notice some slight changes. Its a good jumping ground.
  • jessicabuckingham
    Day three coming up.. pain...
  • Heydew
    I just did day 3 last night. I way better after I did it than before. All day I was so sore and going down stairs was the worst! But when I got home and did the workout it was so much easier to get around. I was very surprised!
  • tamrelle
    tamrelle Posts: 4 Member
    I'm on day four today. I am starting this program for the second time. Last time I got discouraged and "too busy" to get past week one. I'm hoping this time I can do it. It is not easy!
    What pound weights are you using? I'm using light ones, 0.5kg and it's still hard! Last time I used 2 kg and I couldn't move and even finish the 20 minutes, so I'm hoping I can get further with the smaller weights and still see results.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    oh man....anyone else doing the Jillian Michael 30 day shred? It's free on YouTube. Holy crap it was hard. I could barely make it up the steps to lie down afterwards! Please say it gets easier!

It gets easier :lol:
    By day 10 you won't be half as sore / out of breath. But of course then there's the next level to look forward to, which might not be as easy. Stick with it and you'll see a lot of changes in your body.
  • Heydew
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm at day 4 now! Still have to stop every now and then to "catch my breath for 5 seconds" but not nearly as much as day 1! I use 3lb weights. I can def feel it, but I haven't worked out like this in forever so I dont have a lot of endurance yet. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress! I took some before pictures!
  • pipo0984
    pipo0984 Posts: 309 Member
    Feel free to Add me all lets motivate each other!! :)
  • jessicabuckingham
    I've just finished day 5 - I went away for the weekend so had to hide out in my boyfriends parents lounge whilst they went shopping to do the workout! I felt very proud of myself until they came back with a curry :neutral: oh well!

Also I too have been feeling like I need heavier weights - tomorrows mission! X
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I did the 2x when I first joined MFP...(actually the reason I found MFP) I found the first 10 days not bad...hard but not bad...the first time I did it.

I won't lie...day 1 cycle 2...I laid on my floor and cried....not big sobs just little ones...not trying to scare you but it was hard.

cycle 3 wasn't bad at all...

2nd round I did each cycle until I could do all the exercises non modified...

but that being said to motivate you first round I lost a total of 9 inches and 2.5lbs (no scale for food)
    2nd round I lost another 4 inches and 4lbs (was using a food scale)

I liked it...learned to tolerate mountain climbers etc..
  • bettina274
    bettina274 Posts: 59 Member
    I started it also before but just got to the beginning of level 2 and kinda stopped, I guess I was bored as well. Want to start back up though and actually finish this time! add me if you like :)
  • lili89
    lili89 Posts: 78 Member
    I started 4 days ago but I'm alternating at the moment between that and cycling, my legs have been a killer but I love the work out! I completed it a few years ago and lost 14lb in a month and toned up considerably! Huge fan here :smiley:
  • pedrozamatt
    pedrozamatt Posts: 67 Member
    I started body revolution about a year ago, and I could only do one ten minute cycle; plus, it made my calves burn like crazy. Then, I quit in order to walk and build my own weightlifting routine. One month I lost 15 pounds. I think I lost that much weight because I had maintained a healthy diet for a few months, and my exercise routine was consistent. Now I've gained the weight back and I'm trying to start exercising again.
  • JJakubowski4
    JJakubowski4 Posts: 10 Member
    i saw someone asking for the nutrition plan for this as well and i found this http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

i dont know if it is the one that you are supposed to do with this work out
  • Heydew
    Had to pause on this yesterday and today....upper respiratory infection....still lost a pound though which I haven't done since starting it. Maybe because of building muscle? Anyway, will hopefully pick it back up soon....I don't want to be sick :(
  • Porcinette
    Porcinette Posts: 34 Member
    Count me in!!!!!! Please add me for motivation
  • jessicabuckingham
    I just completed day 9! Feeling quite proud because I've had a lot of sofa moments where I've had to battle with my motivation and not moving to do it till about 11pm! I haven't checked my measurements since day 1, I'm going to do it on the morning of day 11 as I won't get to do day 10 until late tomorrow after work... quite excited/apprehensive.

Hope you get well soon Heydew, and good luck all of you! X

• Heydew
    Yay your doing so awesome! Sucks that I'm falling behind....hopefully I will feeling better tomorrow :(
  • jessicabuckingham
    Day 10 yesterday so I measured in this morning : I lost 1.5 inches of my hips 2 inches off my waist and half an inch off my thighs. Only .2 off my arms which is a shame but I have real weights (still light though) now which should help!! I start L2 tonight...
  • Heydew
    That's awesome! I'm still sick...completely lost my voice. I really want it to be over soon! I also downloaded the couch to 5k app that I would like to start Monday as well. I'm going to a work conference and will be participating in a 5k in 8 weeks.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Congrats on starting the 30 day shred. Starting something new is always tough. Stick to the 3 keys and you will be successful. The 3 keys are nutrition, exercise, and support. Feel free to add me.
  • nicole3dorsey
    nicole3dorsey Posts: 21 Member

Thanks for the info about it being on you tube Iam gonna do that for tomorrows workout