fitting into new clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I only once found clothes I liked at our lical 2nd hand store. I was looking through the racks and said to my daughter "hey, I used to have this shirt and loved it. Too bad it's a size too big." Then I found a few more pieces I used to have, in sizes too big. And then I realized that they were the clothes that I had donated a few weeks prior.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have found buying new clothes to be an incredible ego boost. New clothes were needed as I dropped from a 22/24 to an 18/20 and now to a 14/16. I also find that with my new size, I like to wear everything much tighter to my body. I bagged and donated more than 10 BAGS of old clothes!

Also, I had a cool experience when buying denim shorts. I picked them up off the rack and automatically grabbed a size 18 and then remembered to grab a 16. When I got to the dressing room I was SO glad that I tried on the size 16's first -because they FIT! i'm trying to limit what I buy at each size because I'm not sure how low I want to go for a total weight loss.

This is me, too!

I started out in a 22/24 and now I'm in a 14. I still have to force myself to pick up larges or xls (in some, really body-conscious styles--I *have* borne 5 children).

It seemed like there was about 25-30 pounds per size when I was in plus sizes, and now it's more like 10-15 pounds per size. I know that the time I was in 16s was so short I don't have many of them. My loss is only about 5 lbs a month now (down to my last 30 lbs to lose), so I've bought size 14 for summer, and figure I'll probably need 12s by the time I get to fall clothes.