Macros Goals are off

Options
I recently changed my macros goals to match a program I'm following, Carbs 45% Fat 30% Protein 25%.

This shows clearly in my goals, but when I go to my daily nutrition pie chart, it has my goals at Carbs 47% Fat 27% Protein 26%. Bizarre numbers, and I've tried to reset the goals to what I want multiple times...they always show correctly in the "goals" section, but never on the pie chart!

Replies

• wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your goals exactly. As I understand it, the pie chart shows your actual macro balance--not what you set for goals.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your goals exactly. As I understand it, the pie chart shows your actual macro balance--not what you set for goals.

That's what I was thinking. The pie was actual. So op ate too many carbs and protein in relation to fat eaten
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You don't need to hit the percentages exactly. Yours are close enough. But tomorrow, you might change a little to get a little more fat and little less carbs. Also, if you are eating a lot of fiber, you won't be able to meet your calorie goals even with the exact numbers (found that out the hard way--fiber doesn't contribute calories because it is not absorbed). My nutritionist told me to add half my fiber grams back to my carb grams. So if I am supposed to eat 185 grams of carbs, and I eat 30 grams of fiber, my carbs grams can go to 200 without being over my goal.

Remember the pie chart is to give you a visual to see how close you came. It is a learning tool only. As you get more experienced, you may not even use it anymore. I only look at the numbers. How close any I getting to the numbers I set. Do I need to eat a few more grams of protein? Have I eaten too much fat (especially the saturated kind)? I keep an eye on those things as I plan what to eat so I can adjust before it is too late.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    As has been said, that pie isn't your goal, the pie is your actual macro breakdown.